Posted by Kate on Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 6:51pm.
The local fish market is having a sale on whole fish. the prices are as follows:
You can buy an albacore and a barracuda for$21
You can buy a barracuda and a carp for $32
You can buy a carp and a dogfish for $32
You can buy a dogfish and an eel for $37
You can buy an eel and flounder for $31
You can buy a flounder and a gar for $25
You can buy gar and an albacore for $26
Determine the cost of each individual fish
- See reply to Brandon above - Damon, Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 8:45pm
I gave a method a few minutes ago.
- algebra - Help! - UNknown Guy, Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 7:28pm
Proof: Call the fish A-G and make all the prices into simple addition equations.
Add all the numbers and equations together. You get:
2(A+B+C+D+E+F+G) = 196.
(A+B+C+D+E+F+G) = 98
After that, add together the first, third, fifth, and seventh equations.
(A+B+C+D+E+F+G+A) = 110
And then subtract the last two equations I've written from each other, leaving...
A = 12.
After that, it's a matter of simple addition i know this is late
Answer this Question
- math - so confused can you help me - The local fish market is having a sale on ...
- math - The local fish market is having a sale on whole fish. the prices are as ...
- math same question as before with new questions to - The local fish market is ...
- English - 1. I will go to a sports goods store and buy a skipping rope and enjoy...
- algebra 1A - at the local per store, zebra fish cost $2.10 each and neon tetras...
- Math - A study found that 27% of the fish in a river are trout, 36% are salmon, ...
- Math - Cameron spent $13.50 at a pet store buying fish for his aquarium. He ...
- Chemistry - When someone buys fish at the fresh fish market, they should smell ...
- math - beth and lewis buy the same amount of fish pellets if beth feeds her fish...
- Economics - A fishing boat owner brings 50,000 fish to market and the market ...