Posted by Kaley on Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 12:10pm.
As a detective with a local law enforcement department, you are one of the first to arrive at the scene of a drive-by shooting, which resulted in the death of a teenage male. The shooting occurred at a corner gas station of a low-income neighborhood. A number of witnesses approach you, including a child who was playing outside; a hearing-impaired, visually shaken man who was pumping gas at the station; and a group of young gang members, upset by their friend’s murder.
Before you get out of your car, you pause to think about communication.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Discuss potential communication barriers that you might encounter and how you might overcome them.
You get out of your car and look around the crime scene.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Indicate the impact your nonverbal communications may have while interacting with other officers, witnesses, and possible suspects.
You want to interview your witnesses.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Describe the interviewing process you would follow for each witness.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->How do you go about speaking with the hearing-impaired man, the child, and the gang members?
After gathering all your information, you go back to the police department.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Discuss the technology used throughout the investigation and in the courtroom.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->What are the ethical issues to consider?
At the office, you begin to write your report.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Compose a report based on the who, what, when, where, why, and how information available.
After all of the information is reviewed and you have followed up on leads, you have a possible suspect for the murder. When arresting the suspect, he suddenly takes a hostage. Address the following:
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Conflict resolution
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Subsequent interrogation
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Associated legal issues
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Writing a press release
Your suspect is finally charged with murder and pleads not guilty. A trial is set, and you attend it.
ā—¸ Who are the key participants in this trial? Discuss credibility issues.
ā—¸ What role will you play in the trial, if any?
- Criminal Justice - SraJMcGin, Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 1:02pm
Good Grief but this looks like your entire homework problem? Please post how we may HELP you; also notice we HELP but do not DO the work for you. You need to make an effort first and then we are only too happy to help you.
- Criminal Justice - Amber, Friday, April 17, 2009 at 3:49pm
This is the whole homework assignment. I am in the class that requires for the final. you really should do your own work instead of expecting others to do it for you!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Scenario Project - Scenario Project as a detective with a local law enforcement ...
- university of phoenix criminal justice - what are the effect on local law ...
- Justice system - 1. The majority of historical and scholarly evidence suggests ...
- Law inforcement operations & Report writing - Choose 1 area within the criminal ...
- Criminal justice - Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you describe the ...
- criminal justice - · Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you describe the...
- criminal law - As a computing investigator for your local sheriff’s department, ...
- Justice system - 1. __________ are the largest and most visible segment of the ...
- Criminal Justice - I am trying to explain: Assess the impact of globalization on...
- law - What are some perceptions about the focus of our law enforcement and ...