Posted by Kaley on Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 12:10pm.
As a detective with a local law enforcement department, you are one of the first to arrive at the scene of a drive-by shooting, which resulted in the death of a teenage male. The shooting occurred at a corner gas station of a low-income neighborhood. A number of witnesses approach you, including a child who was playing outside; a hearing-impaired, visually shaken man who was pumping gas at the station; and a group of young gang members, upset by their friend’s murder.
Before you get out of your car, you pause to think about communication.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Discuss potential communication barriers that you might encounter and how you might overcome them.
You get out of your car and look around the crime scene.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Indicate the impact your nonverbal communications may have while interacting with other officers, witnesses, and possible suspects.
You want to interview your witnesses.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Describe the interviewing process you would follow for each witness.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->How do you go about speaking with the hearing-impaired man, the child, and the gang members?
After gathering all your information, you go back to the police department.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Discuss the technology used throughout the investigation and in the courtroom.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->What are the ethical issues to consider?
At the office, you begin to write your report.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Compose a report based on the who, what, when, where, why, and how information available.
After all of the information is reviewed and you have followed up on leads, you have a possible suspect for the murder. When arresting the suspect, he suddenly takes a hostage. Address the following:
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Conflict resolution
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Subsequent interrogation
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Associated legal issues
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Writing a press release
Your suspect is finally charged with murder and pleads not guilty. A trial is set, and you attend it.
â— Who are the key participants in this trial? Discuss credibility issues.
â— What role will you play in the trial, if any?
Criminal Justice - SraJMcGin, Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 1:02pm
Good Grief but this looks like your entire homework problem? Please post how we may HELP you; also notice we HELP but do not DO the work for you. You need to make an effort first and then we are only too happy to help you.
Criminal Justice - Amber, Friday, April 17, 2009 at 3:49pm
This is the whole homework assignment. I am in the class that requires for the final. you really should do your own work instead of expecting others to do it for you!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Scenario Project - Scenario Project as a detective with a local law enforcement ...
- Criminal Justice/Report Writing - A criminal investigation cannot begin until ...
- university of phoenix criminal justice - what are the effect on local law ...
- Justice system - 1. The majority of historical and scholarly evidence suggests ...
- Law inforcement operations & Report writing - Choose 1 area within the criminal ...
- Criminal justice - Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you describe the ...
- criminal justice - · Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you describe the...
- criminal law - As a computing investigator for your local sheriff’s department, ...
- Justice system - 1. __________ are the largest and most visible segment of the ...
- Criminal Justice - I am trying to explain: Assess the impact of globalization on...