posted by ANNABELLE on .
I've been given this question for the novel THE GREAT GATSBY and have been stuck on how to answer it for hours.
"Boy meets girl...boy loses girl" this novel is merely another love story. to what extentdo you share this opinion of the novel?
Im not sure how to structure the introduction or what main points i would include in the main body of the essay.
PLEASE HELP ME!
thanks in advance =)
So what do you think your main points are? Exactly what do you think? By the way, did you see any social commentary in the novel?
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. While you are thinking, these sites may help give you ides:
1. (Spark Notes): http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/gatsby/
2. (Wikipedia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Gatsby
3. (the Grade Saver): http://www.gradesaver.com/classicnotes/titles/gatsby/
4. (The Great Gatsby Website): (Broken Link Removed)
5. (on-line literature site): http://www.online-literature.com/fitzgerald/greatgatsby/
P.S. As for the essay itself, you can include the topic sentence (thesis) in the Introductory Paragraph, if you wish. A standard good essay will have 5 paragraphs: introduction, 3 points you wish to make, conclusion.