Posted by Tony on Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 2:32pm.
Ok. Its about syntax in the post. How
does this look.
Identify the parts of speech in the following sentence.
I usually go swimming with my best friend and his rather unusual girlfriend
I - personal pronoun - countable (I is the subject in this sentence)
usually - adverb (indicates frequency)
go - Verb ( indicates movement)
swimming - Noun. (the act of swimming) Or is it the adjective ??
with - Preposition. (implies accompanying)
my - Possessive adjective. (of or relating to ‘me’)
best - Comparative adjective..
friend - Common noun
and - Conjunction (joins sentence elements)
his - Possessive pronoun. (the possessive form of ‘he’)
rather - adverb. (to a degree)
unusual - adjective. (describes a state outside of usual / a degree of usual)
girlfriend - Compound noun. ( a girl and a friend)
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 2:35pm
I'm glad you got your answers to post.
All are correct, including "swimming." :-) It's a noun in this sentence.
Of course, "girlfriend" is a noun, one of the objects of the preposition "with."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - IDENTIFY THE PARTS OF SPEECH IN THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE. I usually go ...
- the parts of speech - 10. In the following sentence, identify the part of ...
- English - I have to analyze the use of diction and syntax in three authors ...
- the parts of speech - 1. In the following sentence, identify the part of speech...
- English - Parts of Speech - In the sentence "He is projected to win," what part ...
- English - What is the difference between 'female friend' and 'girlfriend'? Does...
- english - identify parts of speech to this sentence Over a three month period he...
- english - I would love a website where I could put in my own sentence and have ...
- english - could you please tell me the parts of speech for the given sentence : ...
- English 10 - How do you identify the speaker’s purpose? A.by listening to the ...