Posted by John on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 12:35am.
1. You can write everything down.
2. You can write down everything.
(Are both correct?)
2-2. You can write it down. (O)
2-3. You can write down it. (X)
(When the object is a pronoun, we cannot write 'write down it', right? Then, what about #2? In #2, everything is a pronoun. Is #2 correct?)
3. Turn your cellular phone on.
Turn your cellular phone off.
Turn on your cell phone.
Turn off your cell phone.
(Are all correct?)
English - nancy, Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 1:47am
The first question: both are correct
The second question: huh?
The third question: all are correct
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, October 22, 2008 at 7:30am
1 and 2 and 2-2 are correct; 2-3 is not correct.
As Nancy said, all in 3 are correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Write down the name of the building with a question mark. 2.Write ...
- Maths - suppose function f,g,h and l are defined as follow:f(x)=4xsquared-5x+1,g...
- Preschool/child dictation - Can you help me with this? Jason was dictating a ...
- English expression - Write down a sentence in a contraction in each box. Write ...
- English - 1. Write down the ideas of your favorite teacher. 2. Write down your ...
- physics - write down the value of 3.65x10^-6g in kg write down the value of ...
- Science URGENT - Write down the number of hydrogen and oxygen atoms of the ...
- English - Look at the first note. This is an example note. There are four items...
- English Expression - There is a time table for the students. This activity is to...
- English - You are going to take a quiz. I'll distribute exam papers. You should...