Post a New Question


posted by .

What is the difference between compounds, mixtures, and elemennts? Better off what do all of them mean? DO you know what type of microscopes are used to see atoms and protons and electrons along with neutrons? PLEASE HELP!

  • Science -

    Elements are composed of atoms of one kind only. The periodic table (at gives a complete list of all of the elements. Elements combine to form compounds (that is, compounds are combinations of two or more elements). Mixtures can be separated by physical means (iron and chalk, for example, can be separated with a magnet) but compounds cannot be separated by physical means; however, they can be separated chemically. I do not know of a microscope that can see electrons, protons, and neutrons although there are devices available that can see the effects of those three particles.

Answer This Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Related Questions

More Related Questions

Post a New Question