Posted by Amanda on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 12:21am.
I need help writing a thesis. Here are my topic sentences.
Question: Analyze the concerns and goals of participants in the Pilgrimage of Grace and of those who opposed the movement.
1. Participants in the Pilgrimage of Grace consisted of common people and men of status who shared concerns and goals involving corruption in government, the Scots, and religious liberties.
2. The main concern of the opposition was the direct impact the Pilgrimage of Grace would have on public order.
3. Social concerns existed in both parties, including the closing of monasteries, as well as a converging opinion on the ignorance of the people and how it would affect unity within England.
Thesis statement help - Toy, Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 12:51am
The concerns and goals of participants in the Pilgrimage of Grace and of those who opposed the movement varied in several distinctive ways.
Thesis statement help - Writeacher, Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 7:49am
Toy's suggestion for a thesis statement is a good start, but is not a real thesis statement yet. It includes factual information, but it needs your OPINION, your POSITION, your STANCE -- it needs to include your ATTITUDE about this topic.
Read through the examples here to learn how to turn a non-thesis statement into a good thesis statement. You should look especially at the first, second, and fifth examples.
Let us know what you come up with.
AP European History - chris, Thursday, January 1, 2009 at 7:47pm
Analyze the concerns and goals of participants in the pilgrimage of grace and of those who opposed the movement
Thesis statement help - Mika, Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 9:19pm
Participants of the Pilgrimage of Grace were concerned primarily with obtaining back certain lost rights while those who opposed their movement wished to maintain order on their own terms.
ap european history - arushi, Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 10:29pm
meaning of cattle horn plow and chalace
Thesis statement help - Anonymous, Saturday, September 24, 2011 at 6:41pm
Write a thesis sentence stating how and why it is more than just a piece of entertainment.
Thesis statement help - maria, Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 9:28am
what is a good thesis statement for the importamt of play in early childhood education
Thesis statement help - kelly, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 6:53pm
I need help on writing a thesis statement about how to make jamaican coconut drops
Thesis statement help - Kelly willyoumarryme, Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 7:07pm
I'll make the my coconuts drop for you baby! ;)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- reading and writing - Which of the following is a common error in composing a ...
- English - Which of the following is a common error in composing a thesis ...
- writing thesis - So, thanks for the help to those who answered my last question...
- Thesis statement - How do I write a thesis statement about why I choose Medical ...
- English - I have a question about writing my thesis for my paper. The topic was ...
- Com II - I Would like someone to proofread what I have wrote as a double check I...
- English - 1. Identify which description below is untrue of a good thesis A. A ...
- Grammar and Composition - the draft sheet is organized in a confusing way, here'...
- english - thesis - I have to write the introduction to literary essay on The ...
- buddhism pilgrimage - thesis statement for buddhism