Posted by jennifer on Monday, October 13, 2008 at 9:06pm.
what are division rules as it applies to the following
This is my daughter's 4th grade math and they are asking us to explain the didvision rules that are used to solve these problems. However they have not provided us with the division rules or their terms and definitions.
math - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 13, 2008 at 9:10pm
Zero divided by any number is 0. You can't divide nothing.
A number divided by itself is 1.
A number divided by 1 is that number.
math - jennifer, Monday, October 13, 2008 at 9:15pm
Right. So are the rules used that simple? I thought there were complicated terms. We just had the top half of our sheet dealing with Multiplication properties, commutative property etc. Is it the "rule of zero" or should she right out the rule? Are there special terms? Thanks so very much! I am getting so frustrated and confused! It has been 23 years since I was in 4th grade. I was an English Lit major, that probably does not help either. LOL!
math - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 13, 2008 at 9:19pm
LOL! I was a journalism major -- and don't remember much math either. Perhaps a math tutor will add to my answer.
Stay tuned . . .
math - Anonymous, Monday, October 13, 2008 at 9:24pm
0/71 would be the zero property.
math - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 10:17am
0/71 woudl be the zero property
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade - a special set of rules, called the...blank..., can be used to solve ...
- HSM 240 - I can not even get started on this - anyone have any ideas to throw me...
- math/117 - Explain three rules for exponents listed in the chart on p. 239 (...
- trig - rules of logarithms: can someone please explain how to do these problems...
- math - I am havnig a problem understanding the rules of long division with ...
- Math - Explain how the order of operations determines how you simplify a numeric...
- Bus.Law - Why are formal legal rules alone not an aclequate ethics system for ...
- mat117 - Explain three rules for exponents listed in the chart on p. 239 (...
- college - Explain three rules for exponents listed in the chart on p. 239 (...
- computer - what are the safety rules in handling a computer unit? Read the ...