Posted by Skyelar on Monday, October 13, 2008 at 7:54pm.
I have just one more linear programming question, and then I think I'll be good. Thanks to everyone who answered my previous question, I am beginning to understand now.
Suppose you make and sell skin lotion. A quart of regualr skin lotion contains 2cups of oil, and one cup of cocoa butter. A quart of extra rich skin lotion contains 1 cup oil, and 2 cups of cocoa butter. You will make a profit of 10 per quart on regualar lotion, and a profit of $8 a quart on extra rich lotion. You have 24 cups oil, and 18 cups cocoa butter.
1. How many quarts of each type of lotion should you make to maximize your profit?
2. What is the maximum profit?
- Algebra - Damon, Monday, October 13, 2008 at 8:53pm
r = regular (y axis)
e = extra rich (x axis)
p = profit = 8 e + 10 r
oil limit line (24 max)
oil = 2 r + 1 e, when e = 0, r limit is 12
when r = 0, e = 24
so oil line is
r = 12 - .5 e
butter limit line (18 max)
butter = 1 r + 2 e, when e = 0, r limit is 18
when r = 0, e limit is 9
so butter line is
r = 18 - 2 e
where is intersection of oil limit and butter limit lines?
4 r = 48 - 2 e
1 r = 18 = 2 e
3 r = 30
e = 4 so at (4,10)
calculate profit = 8 e + 10 r at each point
- Algebra - Damon, Monday, October 13, 2008 at 8:55pm
32 + 100 = 132 at (4,10) wins
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 Linear Programming - I think this is an easy question but i just ...
- Algebra - Thanks for those who answered my previous question! I have just one ...
- algebra - thank everyone that site helped but now i just have to practice. for ...
- math - how do you solve this problem? 1/2x - 3 = -1 Let me make sure I ...
- English Essay Writing - I posted my English essay homework on March 17,2008 and ...
- English - Let's review the previous lesson. What did we learn last time? There ...
- Linear Algebra - Question - I have this number that I just wanted to be sure how...
- English - Thank you. I think i have it now, just one more question can an ...
- chemistry - Good day to everyone My class has just started a "Chemistry systems ...
- Linear Algebra 2 question - Hello, I have another question from my linear ...