Posted by Amy on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:48pm.
please help me figure out how to do thes problems
THIS IS IMPROTANT Y/2, X/3 AND H/5 ARE FRACTIONS. it doesnt mean divide its fractions thats why i need help plse tell me how you did it so i can figure out the rest of my problmes
- math - Damon, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:52pm
Well, actually fractions and divide are pretty similar.
now for example
(y/2) + 5 = -12
add -5 to both sides
(y/2) +0 = -17
multiply both sides by 2
y = -34
- math - Amy, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:54pm
thx you so much i was so confused
- math - Bridget, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:56pm
4. y/2 + 5 = -12 (use the inverse operation to get rid of the 5)
y/2+5(-5)= -12 (-5)
y/2=-17 (isolate the variable, aka, multiply both sides by 2, to get your answer of...)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - Can someone please help me with solving this equation (I dont know how ...
- math help - How do you figure out a related sentence for fractions? (here is the...
- fractions - ok, i'm having problems figuring out how to add these fractions, ...
- Math / Fractions - I have 3 mixed fractions 2 1/4 , 1 1/2 , 3 5/8 Now I already ...
- Math / Fractions - I am having a hard time figuring out how to solve these ...
- Binomial - Help me on this one :( Express y= (7-3x-x^2)/[((1-x)^2)(2+x)] in ...
- math -fractions - ordering fractions 1/2,7/8,9/10,1/3,3/5,1/4 write the above ...
- Algebra 1 - c. multiplying x/6-5/8=4 by 6 did not eliminate all the fractions/ ...
- Math - I need help figuring this out, I tried to simplify 3 times this are ...
- Algebra 1-Fractions - Or, eliminating fractions, I should say. So, I need some ...