Posted by Amy on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:48pm.
please help me figure out how to do thes problems
THIS IS IMPROTANT Y/2, X/3 AND H/5 ARE FRACTIONS. it doesnt mean divide its fractions that's why i need help plse tell me how you did it so i can figure out the rest of my problmes
math - Damon, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:52pm
Well, actually fractions and divide are pretty similar.
now for example
(y/2) + 5 = -12
add -5 to both sides
(y/2) +0 = -17
multiply both sides by 2
y = -34
math - Amy, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:54pm
thx you so much i was so confused
math - Bridget, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:56pm
4. y/2 + 5 = -12 (use the inverse operation to get rid of the 5)
y/2+5(-5)= -12 (-5)
y/2=-17 (isolate the variable, aka, multiply both sides by 2, to get your answer of...)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - Can someone please help me with solving this equation (I don't know how ...
- math help - How do you figure out a related sentence for fractions? (here is the...
- Algebra 1-Fractions - Or, eliminating fractions, I should say. So, I need some ...
- fractions - ok, i'm having problems figuring out how to add these fractions, ...
- Math - I need help figuring this out, I tried to simplify 3 times this are ...
- Math / Fractions - I am having a hard time figuring out how to solve these ...
- math - plse help me with these questions and tell me how to do it thx a million ...
- Math - could you tell me three equivalent fractions for each: 2/3 8/16 4/10 3/4 ...
- math: percent and fractions - Can you give me two examples of two realistic ...
- math - Fractions and mixed numbers are often used in everyday life. Discuss a ...