Posted by Bridget on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:46pm.
so im not that good with word problems so... here it goes.
Nadine has 7 more nickles than Delano has dimes. If Delano gives Nadine 4 of his dimes, then Delano will have the same amountof money as Nadine. How much money do they have together, assuming Nadine only has nickles and Delano only has dimes?
Algebra 1 - Damon, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 6:57pm
dimes = d
nickles = (d+7)
(d-4)(.1) = (d+7)(.05)+4(.1)
Algebra 1 - Bridget, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 7:02pm
would that be the same as
Algebra 1 - Damon, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 7:04pm
no, you need to credit Nadine with 4 dimes (4)(.1)
Algebra 1 - Bridget, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 7:16pm
oooh!!! ok, thank you!!! so then i would get
.1d - .4 = .05d + .35 + .4
.1d - .4 = .05d + .75
.05d - .4 = .75
.05d = 1.15
d = 23
Algebra 1 - Damon, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 7:21pm
Algebra 1 - erick, Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 8:44pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- french - how does andre introduce nadine to his friend? a. je te presente nadine...
- 3rd grade - My son has this Math word problem and I can come up with the answer ...
- intermediate algebra - joe has a collection of nickles and dimes that is worth $...
- algebra - joe has a collection of nickles and dimes that is worth $6.10. If the ...
- algebra - Joe has a collection of nickles and dimes that is worth $7.65.If the ...
- pre calculus - NAdia has 7 more nickels than dean has dimes. If dean gives nadia...
- Math - aretha has $0.58 in nickels and dimes. she has 2 more nickels than dimes...
- Algebra - Natalie has some nickles, Dirk has some dimes, and Quincy has some ...
- Math - Raul says he has equal numbers of dimes and quarters and four times as ...
- word problems - lizzie bought several apples at 20 cents each, ate two of them, ...