Posted by Shawn on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 1:38pm.
I do know that (t^2-t-56) can be factored out to (t-8)(t+7)
so I have the equation as (t+24/(t-8)(t+7) +7(t+7)/(t-8)(t+7)-3(x-8)/(t-8)(t+7)
is this correct ot what am I doing wrong?
I don't understand the rest
so multipy both sides by
(t-24) + 7(t+7)=3(t-8)
solve for t.
The choices are:
- Math assistance needed - bobpursley, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 2:10pm
One of them is correct.
- Math assistance needed - Shawn, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 2:56pm
a.)-97/5 is the answer I get is that correct?
- Math assistance needed - drwls, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 3:04pm
Well you had an error in your last equation, which should read
(t+24) + 7(t+7) = 3(t-8)
5t = -97
so your answer is correct anyway. You made two cancelling mistakes, or a typing error.
- Math assistance needed - Shawn, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 3:15pm
Thank You. I understand.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math check 2 - Solve: (t+24)/(t^2-t-56)+7/(t-8)=3/(t+7) I do know that (t^2-t-56...
- a problem - Solve: (t+24)/(t^2-t-56)+7/(t-8)=3/(t+7) I do know that (t^2-t-56) ...
- Math - I factored 3.6x^6+2x^6-2.8x^2+3.2x as; 3.6x^7+2x^6-2.8x^2+3.2x However my...
- Math - solve the equation 20x^3 +44x^2 -17x -5 given that -5/2 is a zero of f(x...
- Algebra Zero Product Rule - I'm working with the zero product rule and I've ...
- Algebra II - 1)What method(s) would you choose to solve the equation: x2 + 2x - ...
- Mathematics - Solve the following differential equation, i.e. solve for y: dy/dx...
- Integrated Math 1 - Consider y=x^2+8x+16. What is the correct way to factor this...
- ALGEBRA WORD PROBLEM! HELP! - And if a length of a rectangle is 3 more than ...
- math, correction plz - Can someone correct these for me.PLZ Problem#1 Directions...