Posted by Shawn on Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 11:35am.
1/C=1/C1 + 1/C2 for C1
This multiple choice and the listed answers are:
- Solve - drwls, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 11:39am
Show us your attempt to do the algebra. You won't learn a thing is you ask us to just do your work for you.
The first step would be to write
1/C1 = 1/C - 1/C2 = (C2 - C)/(C*C2)
The take the reciprocal of both sides.
Very nearly the same question was posted last night. Was it by you?
- Solve - Shawn, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 11:48am
Yes, I am still having problems with this problem. I understand this part
1/C1 = 1/C - 1/C2
but I don't understand this part:
(C2 - C)/(C*C2)
- Solve - Shawn, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 11:58am
Okay I understand it now I have to make them have the same denominators so I multiply 1/C by the numerator and denominator by C2 so it would be C2/(C2*C)
and the other part is 1/C2 times C which would be C/(C2*C) which would make the problem 1/C1= C2-C/(C2*C)
what do I do next?
- Solve - drwls, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 2:53pm
Flip both fractions upside down, as i indicated earlier.
You will be using the fact that if a/b = c/d, then b/a = d/c
You will end up with the equation for C1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Calculus AB - If y = (((3x^2)+ 5)^5)((x+2)^4), then dy/dx = ? I've gotten to ...
- Algebra Multiple Choice - Hello, This is the last of questions I have for my ...
- geometry - Which equation is the correct equation to solve for x? Given ST = 5x...
- Algebra - I need help on this following problem: The length of a rectangle ...
- geometric - I need help on this following problem: The length of a rectangle ...
- Math - a 10 question multiple choice test has 4 possible answer for each ...
- prealgbra - solve by simulating the problem.you have a 5 -question multiple -...
- Math - Please help. 51. Solve: 125=(x3)/0.3^-3 a.7 b.14 c.15 d.9 53. 49x-2 = 7Ö ...
- SOLVE -MATH - A physics exam consists of 9 multiple choice questions and 6 open-...
- Math - what is the solution to the system of equations? 5x + 4y = 8 x - 2y = 10...