Posted by Phil on Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 12:02pm.
What was the name of the treaty that NE negotiated with Spain shortly after the American Revolution that would increase American trade in NE, but gave Spain control of the Port of New Orleans, Screwing over the South West. This was an example of sectionalism, but I forget the name of the treaty!
American History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 12:13pm
I think this is the treaty you need.
American History - Phil, Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 12:38pm
That was in 1795, this treaty Im talking about during the articles of confederation 1781 - 1789. It was one of the reasons why government under the Articles was weak, and it had to do with sectionalism.
American History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 12:45pm
Try this site.
American History - Phil, Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 1:03pm
That's it! Thanks!
American History - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 1:05pm
You're welcome. :-)
American History - amber, Monday, August 22, 2011 at 9:02pm
compare the colonial empires of spain,france and england in terms of their settlements, economic structure and political control.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- American history 1 - What restriction did Spain place on American trade? The ...
- History - The Treaty of San Lorenzo allowed Americans living west of the ...
- history - 1. Why was an alliance with Native Americans important for Governor ...
- la history - 1. Why was an alliance with Native Americans important for Governor...
- history - 12. The American Revolution most likely encouraged the Mexican people ...
- Louisiana History - 1. Which was not a reason for the King of Spain to be ...
- U.S. History - 1. Explain why many Americans blamed Spain for the explosion of ...
- Social stdies - the treaty of Paris, signed after the end of the seven years war...
- American History - As passed by the Congress after McKinley delivered his war ...
- social studies - Why did New Orleans need protection during the War of 1812? a) ...