Posted by natash on Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 3:12am.
Glial cells normally lose their mitotic ability prior to birth
True or False
Which of the following is NOT a function of astrocytes?
a. can take up NT from a synapse
b.can stimulate or inhibit neurons
c.needed to form synapses in the CNS
d.Phagocytose foreign material in the CNS
e.Forms the blood brain barrier
The blood-brain barrier prevents hydrophobic molecules from diffusing into the brain
true or false
- Physiology - PsyDAG, Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 12:05pm
Since this is not my area of expertise, I searched Google under the key words "astrocytes" to get these possible sources:
(Broken Link Removed)
In the future and for your other questions, you can find the information you desire more quickly, if you use appropriate key words to do your own search. Also see http://hanlib.sou.edu/searchtools/.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
- Physiology - vbn, Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 10:50pm
- Physiology - Anonymous, Monday, March 9, 2009 at 12:12am
Answer this Question
- physiology - Is the following statement True or False, and Why? The presence of ...
- Science - 1.†† Which of the following is an example of matter? †(1†point) ...
- Anatomy and Physiology - Please check my answer thanks True or False Keratinized...
- Psychology - How does glial cells affect parkinson's disease? How does glial ...
- Statistics - If the population is normally distribution then the sample must be ...
- Science - 1) Which of the following is an example of matter?(1point) Leaves*** ...
- HEALTH HELP PLEASE!! - Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point) True ...
- science - True or False: One of the skinís functions is to produce vitamin D (1 ...
- helath help - 11. Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point)True False 12...
- chemistry - In the chemical plating experiment zinc powder is dissolved in a ...