Posted by rodrick on Friday, October 10, 2008 at 5:29pm.
how do you tell what compatible numbers you would use and theh add example $2.75+$5.35
- 3rd grade math - drwls, Friday, October 10, 2008 at 5:35pm
I never heard of "compatible numbers".
Just add them, keep the decimal point in the same place, and you get $8.10
- 3rd grade math - fithgrader, Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 8:41am
the answer is 8.10 you get this because if yo add.05+.05 it would =.10 so you carry the 1 to the tenths place and then add .70+.30 and then add .10 because that is the answer for the hunthenths place and then it would be.10. Then you add 2+5 then add .10 and you wouled get 8.10
- 3rd grade math - Mother of a 3rd Grader, Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 12:05am
Compatible numbers are numbers that are easy to compute mentally
- 3rd grade math - phat, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 5:28pm
tell what compatible numbers you would use.then add
- 3rd grade math - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 12:18pm
- 3rd grade math - Teach3rdgraders, Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 10:14pm
What is your question Anonymous? What it looks like is that you rounded. 300+100 = 400 is correct.
- 3rd grade math - Amia, Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 9:32pm
Compatible 67+ 119
- 3rd grade math - Khayla, Monday, October 14, 2013 at 9:42pm
Tell what compatible numbers you would use then add 419+263
- 3rd grade math - Anonymous, Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 8:11pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3rd grade - Please explain what you do when asked to use compatible numbers.
- 3rd grade - Use compatible numbers to complete this problem. Then estimate the ...
- algebra worde problem - when would you use compatible numbers to estimate the ...
- GRADE 5 -MATHS - USE MENTAL MATH TO ADD OR SUBSTRACT: USING COMPATIBLE NUMBERS 1...
- 3rd grade - my dauter have a math problem and I dont no how to help her. this is...
- 3rd grade - 3rd grade Explain how to add with carrying give example
- 3rd grade math - sara wants to know how many boxes of cookies her entire girl ...
- 5th grade math - how can you use compatible number to estimate 14675 divided by ...
- Math Division - What does it mean to use compatible numbers to decide where to ...
- 4th grade math - explain why it can be better to use compatible numbers to ...