Posted by Lucille on Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 9:13pm.
Need help with how to start this assignment, as I am not sure how to begin making my budgets (ex: line-item, functional and program budgets). Any assistance would be most appreciated. This is due Oct 12th.
Creating a Budget
Various budget approaches play an important role in resource allocation in human service organizations. You are the executive director for a local government workforce agency that focuses on providing career- and work-related skills. The Department of Education has awarded your agency with grant funding of $1.6 million to provide training programs to high school dropouts. The funded programs are a basic work skills training program and a vocational program. You are preparing a budget matrix to present to the awarding agency. The matrix budget consists of line-item, functional, and program budgets.
Operating Expenses: Per Year
Transportation and travel
Personnel expenses: Annual Salary Number of FTEs
Employee-related benefit expenses @ 25%
All costs excluding the salary of the executive director and training supervisor will be allocated according to this formula:
60% to basic skills program
40% to vocational program
Number of eligible students: 1,000
Use the information above to create each of the following:
1. A line-item budget table showing all associated costs implementing the training programs.
2. A combined functional and program budget to calculate all costs per enrolled student.
- HSM 220 Creating a Budget - MEL, Sunday, July 24, 2011 at 7:12pm
I NEED HELP
- HSM 220 Creating a Budget - Avery, Friday, August 5, 2011 at 6:21pm
I had problems too, but somehow figured it out. Take the first amount, such as the rent at $125,000. Multiply 60% times the 125,000 for the basic skills and multiply 40% times the 125,000 for the vocational. Therefore 75,000 for basic, and 50,000 for vocational. Do this for all the totals and write up on an excell spreadsheet and you'll be good to go. Good luck!!!
- HSM 220 Creating a Budget - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 9:13pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- HSM 220 - I need help understanding the categorization of line-item budgets, ...
- Creating a Budget -HSM 220 - Need help to complete assgnmnt for HSM 220 due ...
- HHS-human service administrator - This is my assignment for my HHS class. I have...
- budgets - What is the difference between line-item, functional and program ...
- Hospital Administration - How to Prepare Budget Matrix that consists of line-...
- HSM 220 Week 6 Budget Matrix - I am having some help with this assignment. I ...
- HSM 220 Budget Matrix - I am so confused on this assignment in HSM/220(Budget ...
- Hsm/220 - You are the executive director of a local government workforce agency ...
- Accounting - I am attempting to complete a budget matrix. Is a consultant listed...
- budject matrix - you are the medical clinic administrator for three physicians ...