Posted by Tri on Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at 5:17am.
A <---> 2B + C
at a certain temperature the equilibrium pressure of the system is 0.318atm. Determine Kp for this reaction.
2B + C = 0.318atm /3 = 0.106
CO2 = 0.106 atm
NH3 = 2(1.06) atm =0.212 atm
Kp = PNH3 ^2 x PCO2
kp = 0.212^2 x 0,106
is that how this question is done?
For % completion, how do you do it for this question?
Consider the rxn; 4A + B <---> 3C. Initially we had 12 mol of A 12 mol of B in a 2.00L flask, At equilibrium, there is 7.5mol of C in the flask.
Find K and % completion?
I've got K and all the mols at equilibrium when i set up an ice chart for it to go right to equilibrium it goes like this:
4A + B ---> 3C
I| 6 6 0
What must i do to get the %completion because i dont know which is the limiting reactant. thanks!
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at 1:52pm
Can't you calculate the limiting reagent.
Starting with 6 mols B, how many mols A would you need for 100% reaction? That would be 6 mols B x (4 mols A/1 mol B) = 24 mols A and you don't have that much A; therefore, A must be the limiting reagent. Just to check that, how much B would you need for 100% reaction. That would be
6 mols A x (1 mol B/4 mols A) = 1.5 mols B and you have that much (which just proves A is the limiting reagent). Looks to me like you started with 12 mols and ended up with 2 mols (using 10 mols).
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - 2A + B2 + C --> A2B + BC Run # Initial Rate (M-1s-1) (A)o (B)o (C...
- Chemistry - The Kc for the following reaction at 940oC is 1.38. Given the ...
- AP CHEM! - IM SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP! H2 +CO2-->H2O + CO When H2 is mixed ...
- Chemistry - Consider the following equilibrium reaction: NaHCO3(s) Na2CO3(s) + ...
- physic - For a class demonstration, your physics instructor pours 1.16 kg of ...
- Chemistry - A container is filled with CO2(g) and heated to 1000K. The gas ...
- physics - For a class demonstration, your physics instructor pours 1.16 kg of ...
- CHEMISTRY..please help..thanks - For the following reaction, it is found at ...
- Chemistry/Equilibrium calculations - At 1200 K, the approximate temperature of ...
- Physical Science - In a certain reaction 1.5 mol of CO and 1.5 mol of H2O are ...