Posted by cal on Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 3:34pm.
I HAVE THESE ANSWERS FOR THE PROBLEMS. COULD YOU DOUBLE CHECK PLEASE, THIS IS A PRACTICE QUIZ WHICH ISN'T A GRADE IT JUST HELPS ME GET READY FOR THE TEST.
1. Solve x^3 + 6x^2 + 13x + 10 = 0.
a) –2 + 2i, –2 –2i, –2
b) 2 + i, 2 – i, –2
c) –2 + i, –2 – i, –2
d) 2 + 2i, 2 – 2i, –2
2. Find the discriminant and describe the nature of the roots of 3x^2 + 6x + 3 = 0.
a) The discriminant is 0 and there is/are one real root.
b) The discriminant is 4 and there is/are one real root.
c) The discriminant is 0 and there is no real root.
d) The discriminant is 7 and there is/are one real root.
3. Use the remainder theorem to find which of the following is not a factor of x^3 + 12x^2 + 47x + 60.
a) x + 5
b) x – 5
c) x + 4
d) x + 3
4. List all the rational roots of f(x) = 24x^3 – 10x^2 – 7x + 2.
a) -1/2, 1/4 ,2/3
b) -2/3,1/4 ,2/3
5. Use the rational-root theorem to find the roots of 12x^3 – 8x^2 – 3x + 2 = 0.
- math - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 4:02pm
The first two are wrong, I will check the others later.
- math - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 4:25pm
3 is wrong, 4 is right, 5 is wrong
Answer this Question
- sra McGuin - Just wanted to thank you for all of your help - - will need help ...
- chemistry - what is the total number of electrons shared in a double covalent ...
- math - A math teacher calculates grades as follows:Grade=[2 test averages+quiz ...
- Science 7R - Tomorrow I have a science test on circulatory system and is there ...
- English - Formative Test Now, let's check how well you can use the expressions ...
- English - I just wanted to be sure about the position of the conjunctions. Could...
- french 2 - I have a quiz monday on the verb VINIR, and on the quiz we have to ...
- french - i have a quiz monday on the verb VINIR, and on the quiz we have to make...
- Math - The word problem is: Nancy's quiz average is a 74. Her quiz average is 1/...
- English - You are going to take a quiz. I'll distribute exam papers. You should...