Posted by cal on Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 3:34pm.
I HAVE THESE ANSWERS FOR THE PROBLEMS. COULD YOU DOUBLE CHECK PLEASE, THIS IS A PRACTICE QUIZ WHICH ISN'T A GRADE IT JUST HELPS ME GET READY FOR THE TEST.
1. Solve x^3 + 6x^2 + 13x + 10 = 0.
a) –2 + 2i, –2 –2i, –2
b) 2 + i, 2 – i, –2
c) –2 + i, –2 – i, –2
d) 2 + 2i, 2 – 2i, –2
2. Find the discriminant and describe the nature of the roots of 3x^2 + 6x + 3 = 0.
a) The discriminant is 0 and there is/are one real root.
b) The discriminant is 4 and there is/are one real root.
c) The discriminant is 0 and there is no real root.
d) The discriminant is 7 and there is/are one real root.
3. Use the remainder theorem to find which of the following is not a factor of x^3 + 12x^2 + 47x + 60.
a) x + 5
b) x – 5
c) x + 4
d) x + 3
4. List all the rational roots of f(x) = 24x^3 – 10x^2 – 7x + 2.
a) -1/2, 1/4 ,2/3
b) -2/3,1/4 ,2/3
5. Use the rational-root theorem to find the roots of 12x^3 – 8x^2 – 3x + 2 = 0.
- math - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 4:02pm
The first two are wrong, I will check the others later.
- math - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 4:25pm
3 is wrong, 4 is right, 5 is wrong
Answer this Question
Math HELP - I have my answers at the bottom but please do these questions so I ...
check math - Here are my answers. Can you check if I got the right answers? ...
Math - can you help me with the homework that I am doing right now that is math ...
To Sam: Penn Foster answers - Please do not post any more answers. Jiskha is not...
math - I need the answers to the why did the banana go out with the prune ...
math - I have no idea where to start! *A quick quiz consists of 3 multiple ...
READ THIS! - Please answer my question that I posted at 6:10 quickly because I ...
Penn Foster - I am looking for the questions to these exams..all I keep getting ...
Science - True or False Louisiana's delta region accumulates sediment slower ...
Math-Geometry - I have to calcualte the volume of a cone. The height is 2.1 ft, ...