Posted by cal on Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 3:34pm.
I HAVE THESE ANSWERS FOR THE PROBLEMS. COULD YOU DOUBLE CHECK PLEASE, THIS IS A PRACTICE QUIZ WHICH ISN'T A GRADE IT JUST HELPS ME GET READY FOR THE TEST.
1. Solve x^3 + 6x^2 + 13x + 10 = 0.
a) –2 + 2i, –2 –2i, –2
b) 2 + i, 2 – i, –2
c) –2 + i, –2 – i, –2
d) 2 + 2i, 2 – 2i, –2
2. Find the discriminant and describe the nature of the roots of 3x^2 + 6x + 3 = 0.
a) The discriminant is 0 and there is/are one real root.
b) The discriminant is 4 and there is/are one real root.
c) The discriminant is 0 and there is no real root.
d) The discriminant is 7 and there is/are one real root.
3. Use the remainder theorem to find which of the following is not a factor of x^3 + 12x^2 + 47x + 60.
a) x + 5
b) x – 5
c) x + 4
d) x + 3
4. List all the rational roots of f(x) = 24x^3 – 10x^2 – 7x + 2.
a) -1/2, 1/4 ,2/3
b) -2/3,1/4 ,2/3
5. Use the rational-root theorem to find the roots of 12x^3 – 8x^2 – 3x + 2 = 0.
- math - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 4:02pm
The first two are wrong, I will check the others later.
- math - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 4:25pm
3 is wrong, 4 is right, 5 is wrong
Answer this Question
MATH - 2(7w-1w+7)>122 ? what work would i do? im just learning ...
chemistry - what is the total number of electrons shared in a double covalent ...
Math - Can somebody help me out here. I want to know why I am good with math ...
math - I have no idea where to start! *A quick quiz consists of 3 multiple ...
french 2 - I have a quiz monday on the verb VINIR, and on the quiz we have to ...
french - i have a quiz monday on the verb VINIR, and on the quiz we have to make...
English - Now, let's check how well you can use the expressions you've ...
English - You are going to take a quiz. I'll distribute exam papers. You ...
Honors Chemistry (check answers) - On a worksheet we got, we have to balance out...
7th grade math check - Ok I was wondering if you could check these 3 problems ...
For Further Reading