Posted by becky on Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 11:40am.
Eliminate five letters from the word below to find one familiar word in the English language:
english - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 11:59am
My firts thought was HELICOPTERS but that would need to have more than 5 letters eliminated.
english - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 12:37pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. First of all, list all the vowels in one column and then all the consonants. That will make it easier to see what you might eliminate!
english - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 12:42pm
Now you have 21 letters total, but you are to subtract 5, so you will end up with one word with 16 letters. There are 8 vowels and 13 consonants.
vowels: eeeee ii o
consonants: c f h l l p r r s t t t v
If I have time later, I'll come back to this!
english - Alexis, Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 11:42pm
I thought HELICOPTERS too
english - Anonymous, Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 11:56pm
Eliminate the FIVE LETTERS
the letters from FIVE LETTERS, take those out and you get ..
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - eliminate five letters to find one familiar word fhievleilceotptteerrs...
- english - what 5 letter word can you add to the begginning or end of the words ...
- English - 1. Put two scrambled word pieces together and make one complete word. ...
- Foreign Language, How to use a dictionary., - First of all purchasing a good ...
- Language - Identify the verbs and verb phrases in the following sentences. Then...
- math - Robert has three boxes of letters: The first box contains the six letters...
- spanish - need help unscrambling these letters to make a phrase first word is 3 ...
- english - underline the base word for each word in the box. Then find and circle...
- English - 1. Do not make repairs on the brakes yourself. 2.Maura said that the ...
- English - Identify the verbs and verb phrases in the following sentences. Then, ...