Posted by Mat on Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 8:40pm.
how do i figure this out step by step?
- algebra - Emily, Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 8:43pm
Start out by writing out the equation again.
Bring all variables and constants to either sides of the equation.
Finally, solve for x.
- algebra - Emily(teacher), Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 8:47pm
The goal of the problem is to get the x by itself and figure out what x is. The first thing you should do is work with the whole numbers 7 and 13.
add 7 to both sides. By adding 7 to both sides you are not changing the equation but equaling it out. the new equation should be
Now subtract 5x from each side
your new equation should be
divide each side by -2
- algebra - Mat, Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 10:00pm
Thanks Emily Teacher!
Answer this Question
- ALGEBRA HELP - When solving the equation, what property was used to go from step...
- Intermediate Algebra 137 - Can't figure out equation x/2+x/3=3/4 can you help me...
- Algebra - What is the GCF of -26x5 + 4x3 + 2x2? how do i figure this out step by...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- algebra - could you explain to me how to figure this out? n + n/3 = 1/2?? step-...
- MATH-ALGEBRA - What's the slope-intercept equation of line which is parallel to ...
- Algebra - How do I solve for the elimination method: 5x + 3y= -7 and 7x - 2y =13...
- Geometry Question plz help - Could someone please explain how to figure this out...
- pre algebra - solve the equation step by step.list each step along with the ...
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...