Posted by aelisha on Friday, October 3, 2008 at 9:28pm.
For groups of 80 or more people, a charter bus company determines the rate per person according to the formula:
Rate=8-0.05(n-80),n(greater than or equal to)80
where the rate is given in dollars and 'n' is the number of people.
Now, Express the revenue 'R' for the bus company as a function of 'n'.
- pre-calculus - Reiny, Friday, October 3, 2008 at 9:40pm
Your equation already expresses the revenue R as a function of n
Did you want to express n as a function of R ?
If so, expand it first, then solve for n
R = 8 - .05n + 4
R = 12 - .05n , this is the simplest R expressed as a function of n
.5n = 12 - R
n = (12 - R)/.05
- pre-calculus - aelisha, Friday, October 3, 2008 at 10:41pm
well the problem does say express the revenue for the bus company as a function of n.
maybe this will help:
here are the answer choices:
4.none of these
thanx so much
- pre-calculus - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 7:46pm
Revenue = (240n-n^2)/20
n is greater than or equal to 80
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 12th grade calculus - your operate a tour service that offers the following rate...
- Math - A ferry boat holds 800 people. There are 260 people already on the boat. ...
- Math - In a community of 800 people the rate at which a rumor spreads is jointly...
- calculus - An influenza epidemic has an infection rate modeled by I ' (t)=30 e0....
- CALCULUS PLEASE HELP - The birth rate of a population is b(t) = 2300e0.024t ...
- Calculus - The number of people taking the bus at price p dollars per ticket is ...
- algebra 2 - A drama club is planning a bus trip to new york city to see a ...
- calculus 2 - The birth rate of a population is b(t) = 2000e^0.022t people per ...
- Math - A museum calculates the rate for groups using the equationC=4P+8,where P ...
- Epidemiology - How do you calculate the disease frequency rate in these problems...