Posted by Anonymous on Friday, October 3, 2008 at 5:50am.
Please check and correct my answers?
1. The time horizon of the demand curve is one determinant of the price elasticity of demand. Compared to the short-run demand for oil, the demand for oil in the long run will tend to be _____ elastic.
2. Consider the market for peanuts. Initially, the quantity supplied is 500 and at $6.00 each. Then a blight occurs that destroys a significant portion of peanut crops. This shifts the supply curve leftward. The new quantity supplied is now 350 and at $8.00 each. Calculate total revenue in the peanut market before and after the blight. Using the midpoint method, the price elasticity of demand for peanuts between the prices of $6 and $8 per bushel is _____ , which means demand is ______ between these two points.
1. More elastic in the long run than in the short run because there is more time in the long run of changing the ways an economy uses its resources to satisfy the needs and wants of consumers
2. The total revenue before the blight is $3000 and after the blight is $2800.
The price elasticity of demand for peanuts is 1.24, which means demand is elastic.
Microeconomics; price elasticity of demand - economyst, Friday, October 3, 2008 at 9:13am
1. I agree
2. I agree
Microeconomics; price elasticity of demand - lawana, Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 4:37am
Microeconomics; price elasticity of demand - natali, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 8:48pm
Microeconomics; price elasticity of demand - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:44am
Microeconomics; price elasticity of demand - Bill, Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 1:55am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Economics - 1.calculate the price elasticity of demand when the price was ...
- Microeconomics - I am not sure whether these questions are true or false: 1. ...
- economics - suppose the demand curve for a product is given by Q=10-2P+Ps1,where...
- Economics - How is elasticity of supply related to elasticity of demand? Is this...
- Math - Limits/Derivatives - If a price-demand equation is solved for p, then ...
- economics - Why do long-run elasticities of demand differ from short-run ...
- Business Math - 3.) The demand equation for a certain product is q=500-40p+p^2 ...
- Microecon - If you are given this function: P=1000-40Q where P=price and Q=sales...
- Economics- please check - Please check to see if my answers are correct. ...
- Math - The demand equation for a product is: q=60/p + ln(65-p^3) A) Determine ...