Posted by Billy on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 11:17pm.
math - Anonymous, Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 11:29pm
move similar terms to one side.
then subtract 4c to both sides.
then divide both sides by -8.
math - DrBob222, Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 11:35pm
move constants to one side and variables to the other.
add -21 to both sides and add +4c to both sides.
-4c+4c-11-21 = 4c+4c+21-21
-11-21 = 8c
-32 = 8c
divide both sides by 8
-32/8 = 8c/8
-4 = c
Check my work. I always check the answer, too, by substituting into the original. In this case we have
(-4*-4) - 11 = (4*-4)+21
+16-11 = -16+21
+5 = +5
GOOD. It checks.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I'm worried about my math. 1. Why don't you buy a math self- teaching ...
- Math...For All Math Tutors - I would like to know how many of the people ...
- math - all i can say is math stinx dont mess with math. without math, a lot of ...
- math - What is temperature when you do math. In seventh grade math is hard and I...
- math - I just do not understand how to figure this out. Find the number of ...
- LNU - math In a class of 50 students it was found 21 are taking English 14 are ...
- English Grammar - A: What time is your math/Math class? B: At eleven forty-five...
- Math - A fertilizer covers 5/8 square foot in 1/4 hour. i don't understand how ...
- Math - Is IB Math Studies the same as Pre-Calculus? I heard that IB Math Studies...
- 3rd grade Math - Actual question on homework."EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN BREAK APART ...