Posted by kourtney on Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 5:46pm.
1. When does the Narrative of Sojourner Truth take place?
A. Before the Civil War
B. During the Civil War
C. After the Civil War
D. Right after the Emancipation Proclamation
2. In "Life without Principle," Thoreau writes, "I would have had him deal with his privatest experience, as the poet does." What does this statement mean?
A. People should speak from their hearts and say what's on their minds.
B. Speeches should employ figurative (poetic) language to get their points across.
C. Courtrooms are places where people traditionally lie.
D. People talk only about trivial things.
3. What does Seattle say about integrating white and Native American cultures?
A. It's going to be difficult, but it's the only way both cultures can survive.
B. It will be impossible, because the two traditions are too different.
C. It will happen naturally when the railroads open the West to the whites.
D. It can be prevented only if the tribes unite to fight the whites.
4. What is Sojourner Truth's attitude toward the Bible?
A. She depends on professional theologians to make sense of it for her.
B. She believes that every word in the Bible is from God.
C. She accepts as true only what's true in her own experience.
D. She says it's a tool of whites to explain that slavery is morally acceptable.
5. Thoreau believes that people should work because
A. God said so in the Bible.
B. it will give them time to think about important things.
C. they love what they do.
D. it will keep them out of trouble.
6. When Tecumseh says, "Where today is the Pequot? Where the Narragansetts, the Mohawks?" he is
A. asking why all the tribes haven't come to the council.
B. indicating what happens to tribes that don't unite against the whites.
C. implying that these tribes aren't as brave as their reputations suggest.
D. boasting that his tribe had conquered these tribes and can do the same to the whites.
7. What did Thoreau have in common with John Thornton in The Call of the Wild?
A. A dislike of government
B. A love of hunting
C. A mistrust of religion
D. An enjoyment of solitude
8. Matthias is an example of a/an
A. cult leader.
B. typical slave owner.
C. pagan god.
D. runaway slave.
9. In "Life without Principle," Thoreau writes, "If my wants should be much increased, the labor required to supply them would become a drudgery." What does this statement mean?
A. If you don't want much, you don't have to spend as much time being miserable working to get it.
B. Work is meaningful only when you think about what you'll be able to do with the money you earn.
C. Slavery was wrong because it meant that some people worked hard to satisfy other people's wants.
D. The more you have, the more you want.
10. In emphasizing the importance of individual thinking and basing one's beliefs on one's own experiences, Sojourner shows she has much in common with
A. Chief Pontiac.
B. Chief Seattle.
11. What one thing does Thoreau say stifles poetry and philosophy?
12. The major theme of "Life without Principle" is
13. Tecumseh's "Let the white race perish" speech is
A. a plea to the people's reason.
B. an appeal to the emotions of his listeners.
C. a logical list of reasons why the whites should be resisted.
D. a satire on the white race and its traditions.
14. At first, Sojourner Truth was happy to have many children because
A. it took her mind off her problems.
B. they could help her with her daily tasks.
C. they were the only things that gave her joy.
D. it provided more slaves for her owner.
15. The story of The Wolf used by Chief Pontiac is an example of
A. a simile.
B. a myth.
D. an autobiography.
16. The Narrative of Sojourner Truth was written down by
A. Isabella Baumfree.
B. Charles Ardinburgh.
C. Olive Gilbert.
D. Robert Matthews (Matthias).
17. When Chief Seattle refers several times to the angry young men in his tribe, he's
A. trying to convince his audience to be more peaceable.
B. urging his audience to unite against the whites.
C. making veiled threats.
D. blaming the tribal leaders.
18. The statement "There was snow on the ground, . . . and a large old-fashioned sleigh was seen to drive up to the door of the late Col. Ardinburgh" is an example of
A. interior monologue.
B. social commentary.
D. exterior narrative.
19. Sojourner's vision of God is an example of a/an
D. exterior narrative.
20. "Yonder sky has wept tears of compassion" is an example of
- nonfiction - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 5:52pm
We don't do homework for students.
If you post your answers, we'll be glad to check them.
- nonfiction - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 7:49pm
I checked five more -- 12, 13, 14, 16, and 20.
Numbers 12 and 14 are wrong.
- nonfiction - hunter, Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 11:58pm
wow very confusing
- nonfiction - william, Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 5:40am
kourtney is completly correct just took test 100%
- nonfiction - Anonymous, Friday, November 14, 2008 at 9:56am
In emphasizing the importance of individual thinking and basing one's beliefs on one's own experiences, Sojourner shows she has much in common with
- nonfiction - Anonymous, Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 11:47pm
the best in this kind are but shadows'' is
- nonfiction - Anonymous, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 11:51pm
In the statement "there was snow on the ground,..and a large old-fashioned sleigh was seen to drive uo to the door of the late Col. Ardinburgh" is an example of?
- nonfiction - Julieeee, Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 7:37pm
kourtney is correct...Just took the test and got 100%(: Thanksss(:(:
- nonfiction - Jacquie, Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 4:25pm
Thanks Kourtney Just took test and got 100%
- nonfiction - Ben R., Monday, August 9, 2010 at 2:55pm
you rock just made a 100!
- nonfiction - Lauren, Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 3:21pm
I just took the test and got a hundred the answers are
- drama - Anita, Friday, November 5, 2010 at 1:55pm
the best in this kind are but shows is
- nonfiction - Anonymous, Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 9:30pm
- kourtney all r right Thanks
- nonfiction - anon, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 1:19pm
kool, 100%! thanx kourtney!
- nonfiction - Naadiya, Monday, March 21, 2011 at 12:07pm
Just took the test and got a 100.
1. A Correct
2. A Correct
3. B Correct
4. C Correct
5. C Correct
6. B Correct
7. D Correct
8. A Correct
9. A Correct
10. C Correct
11. C Correct
12. A Correct
13. B Correct
14. D Correct
15. B Correct
16. C Correct
17. C Correct
18. D Correct
19. C Correct
20. B Correct
- nonfiction - Dee, Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 3:37pm
20 is D
- nonfiction - brian , Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 12:40pm
actually 20 is b naadyia had the right answers sorry dee
- nonfiction - Lacey, Friday, April 22, 2011 at 7:40pm
Why in the world would Mrs. Sue put incorrect answers on here? Mrs. Sue, I understand your beliefs in students doing their own work... but, that doesn't give you the right to sabotage a students grade. If you truely want to help, volunteer in a public school to students who aren't taking online courses. I am a single 25 year old mom. I moved to MS after years of abuse and neglect. I attended the public schools here and they are terrible. During my senior year, my alcoholic grnadmother kicked me out of the house and I was forced to work 2 jobs at 17 and start online school. As I said before the schools here suck. Even though I was in my final year, the school systems down-right refused to transfer my transcripts. So, I have had to re-take 3 years of high-school. Not everyone looking up their answers are here to cheat in school...Some of us just want to double check that we are securing a stable financial future for our children. Please just go volunteer somewhere, I have seen so many of your postings on here... Go help children stay in school, you are useless here.
- nonfiction - Danielle, Friday, November 18, 2011 at 4:10pm
hey Mrs. Sue is just trying to get people to do their own work. its so lazy that you guys have to sit here and copy everyones work for every test.
- nonfiction - ok, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 10:14pm
i dont no what ur problem with mr. sue is. i mean i agree with makin sure students dont cheat but also that people are wanting to check their answers.
like me im 14 now and i want a good future and i like school. But at first i didn't think much of school and my grade aveage was an 80 and i thought i would be fine
but then my dad told me he won't love me unless i brought it up to at least an 85
jk but im pretty much just wanting to bring it up so i studied and read the books but i still like to double check my answer. im not in lacies situation though and that seams like it would suck to be kicked out at the age of 17 but still. i still didnt prove my point on why r u having a problem with mr. sue but u see if mrs sue tells us wut r wrong no one cares i didn't even pay attention to him until i read ur big long thing about it. and i dont see the point in typing this because it's so long that no one would wanna read it so yeah whatever .....
- nonfiction - ok, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 10:21pm
and if there was sumone that came to cheat wich im sure half of u r then if u kept giving them the wrong answer and the failed they would just move to another web site. like if i took a test and looked at a web site i wouldn't even submit it unless i new it was right. like when i found this website the i still checked 5 other ones to make sure they all said the same things..
- nonfiction - Debra, Friday, July 20, 2012 at 2:54am
Just took the exam online. Penn foster
- nonfiction - jake, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 8:24pm
just took test 100 answers are crrect
- nonfiction - Big Daddy Yum Yum, Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 6:41pm
No Ms. Sue... you're wrong.
- nonfiction - Alex, Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 12:54am
Just took test...
Thanks Naadiya. 100%
- nonfiction - KEY, Monday, October 14, 2013 at 11:40am
YALL BE LIEIN
- nonfiction - Penny, Saturday, December 20, 2014 at 10:59am
3: B correct
4: C correct
5: C correct
6: B correct
7: D correct
10: C correct
12: C is wrong A is correct
13: B correct
14: D correct
16: C correct
19: C correct
20: B correct
I just took this exam for Penn Foster and got 100%. The one's with ? marks by them didn't appear on my test.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - 12. When does the Narrative of Sojourner Truth take place? A. ...
- history - what are some questions that i can research about the civil war? i ...
- The Civil War - I need websites that can tell me about the civil war. I googled ...
- history - Can someone please tell me what countries were involved in the civil ...
- Civil War - What was the role of the Emancipation Proclamation in the ...
- US history - Hi, I need help with these three questions: 1. What were some of ...
- history Civil War - How might one challenge the idea that the United States was ...
- SS Civil WAr - What was 3 inferences about life during the time period of the ...
- history - Reconstruction was a more bitter expirence for the south than the ...
- history - 12. What did Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland, and Delaware have in common...