Posted by Lucy on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 3:45pm.
I am having difficulty with two problems:
1) Evaluate (1+i)^12 by using DeMoivre's Theorem. Express the result in rectangular form.
So far I have: r=sqrt(1)^2+(1)^2 which simplified is sqrt2. Don't know how to proceed.
2) Write the polar equation theta = 45 degrees in rectangular form.
I don't even know how to proceed to do this.
Any help would be great!
- Pre-calculus - bobpursley, Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 4:02pm
(1+i)^12 is sqrt2 @ 45 to the 12th power, or sqrt2 ^12 @45x12
1@45 is .707i + .707j where i,j are unit vectors in the x,y directions.
- Pre-calculus - Kate, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 8:42pm
x = r cos(45) ...(1)
y = r sin(45) ...(2)
Dividing (2) by (1):
y / x = tan(45) = 1
y = x.
- Pre-calculus - lily, Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 2:43pm
find the distance between points at (6,-3) and (-1,4). The answer I got was 9.9 and it was wrong.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calculus - Could someone help me with this-we learned this today in school ...
- Pre-calculus; urgent ! Please help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta...
- pre-calc - Can someone check my work please? Convert each polar equation to a ...
- Calculus please help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta) 2. Find the ...
- Pre-calculus HELP PLASE ! - 1.Write the rectangular equation in polar form. (x...
- Pre-Calculus - Please check my answer: I think it's correct? 1.Find polar form ...
- Math ! Please Help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta) 2. Find the ...
- Pre Cal. - Express 5sqrt(3) - 5i in polar form. A: 10(cos(11pi/6) + i sin(11pi/6...
- Pre Calculus - Write the rectangular equation in polar form... x=3
- Pre Calculus - Write the Rectangular Form of the Polar Equation: r=12