Posted by Karen on Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 7:58pm.
In rectangle MNPQ, the ratio of the length of MP is 4:5.
a) Does this ratio tell you how long MN is? Explain.
b) What if MN is 12cm long. How long is MP? Use a diagram to illustrate your answer. Show your work.
Math - drwls, Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 8:01pm
A ratio requires two numbers. I have no idea what you mean by the ratio of one length. Ratio to what other length?
Math - Carly, Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 8:02pm
im not sure that's all it says in the textbook.
Math - karen, Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 8:04pm
sorry i but carly as my name it was actually me
Math - karen, Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 8:09pm
the answer in the back says
a) no, it only tells the proportion
how would i show my work for b?
Math - karen, Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 8:37pm
hello???? can anyone help me with my question plz??
Math - karen, Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 9:37pm
nvm then since no one will help me :'(
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math,Ratio - the length of a rectangle is 6times as long as its breadth. a.) ...
- Math - Rectangle A is 8 cm long and 4 cm wide. Rectangle B is 4 cm long and 2 cm...
- Alg 1 - A golden rectangle is 32 cm long. The ratio of length to width is (1 + ...
- Math - Polygons and Quadrilaterals - A rectangle has a diagonal of length 125. ...
- math (help please) - The rectangle was 21 inches long and 6 wide. What was the ...
- Math - it is a rectangle with a height to length ratio of 2 to 25 . if the ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 5 cm more than twice its width. This is ...
- Math 8 - HELP!!!!! - Ratio, Proportions, and Similarity Similar Figures A room ...
- Genetics - Show the F1 and F2 progeny phenotypic and genotypic ratios of the ...
- THEORY OF MACHINE - A mild steel rod is 150 cm long. The portion 80 cm long is ...