Posted by Nikki on Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 12:54pm.
On comparing Rome and Han China in a practice comparative essay for the AP Exams:
"Rome and Han China had similarities in society, government, and how their empire fell, as well as differences in these same three areas."
Is this a good thesis statement? If not, I'd like some suggestions on how to improve it. Thank you!
AP World History - Writeacher, Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 1:04pm
A thesis statement needs to give your position or your stance (your opinion) about the topic as well as the topic itself. You have stated facts; now you need to add YOU into the statement.
Remember, in an AP class, you are not writing as a high schooler anymore. You're to be writing at the level of a college student. You need to state your own considered opinions about topics and then back them up with details, details, details.
AP World History - SraJMcGin, Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 3:23pm
P.S. Slide down to "World History" on the chart and you will be able to download the Course Description:
AP World History - SraJMcGin, Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 3:26pm
P.P.S. The following will give you an idea of the exam in World History:
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP World History - Comparing the four Classical Societies, in essay format, of ...
- AP World History - i am so lost on how to write a thesis statement, i have to ...
- world history - What classical traditions and institutions survived despite the ...
- 6th Grade World History - Which of these was a result of the Punic Wars? A. Rome...
- History - which of these was a result of the punic wars? A. Rome lost Hispania ...
- World History - How did distance from Rome likely affect people in the Roman ...
- AP Prep World history - Can someone please help me write a comparison essay on ...
- World History - What impact did Emperor Constantine's establishment of the “New ...
- Histories/Social Studies - What was the dividing line between Former Han and the...
- Can somone Please help me with this - 1. Which of the following stretches from ...