Posted by R on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 6:48pm.
i need the word for following definition:
1 incorporation of materials into organism's body
2 taking in food from the nevironment.
I need the answer by tonight.
Biology - arya, Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 8:15pm
Biology - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 8:26pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. I vote for the following word:
Main Entry: as·sim·i·la·tion
Date: 15th century
1 a : an act, process, or instance of assimilating b : the state of being assimilated
2 : the incorporation or conversion of nutrients into protoplasm that in animals follows digestion and absorption and in higher plants involves both photosynthesis and root absorption
3 : change of a sound in speech so that it becomes identical with or similar to a neighboring sound <the usual assimilation of \z\ to \sh\ in the phrase his shoe>
4 : the process of receiving new facts or of responding to new situations in conformity with what is already available to consciousness
Biology - marsha, Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 8:43pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- biology - the release of waste into the enviroment. i need the word to this ...
- Science!! - Hi!! Which sentence looks better? (Should the commas be there?): 1. ...
- HCA220 - I answered several question for an assignment and I need help to ...
- Bio. - System of branching divisons that biologists use to place an organism ...
- biology - the breakdown of food by enzymes. What is the word that goes with this...
- biology need help - what word is the definition of "all of the populations in a ...
- statistics - 1. Use the following information about a group of college students...
- biology - an animal has a segmented body, soft fleshy skin, an open circulatory ...
- Science - Structure, Function, Information Processing Test: Unit2 1. Enzymes are...
- biology - Are an organism's characteristics determined only by its genes? ...