Posted by Yeah on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 12:02am.
For each of the following chemical reactions:
a.)classify the reaction as combination, decomposition,single replacement, or double replacement.
b.)complete the word equation.
c.)using the formulas for both reactants and products, balance the chemical equation.
1. tin(IV)nitrate + magnesium ---> ?
2. potassium oxide + water ---> ?
3. cobalt(III) + lead(II)acetate---> ?
4. aluminum bicarbonate ---^--> ?
5. copper(II)hydroxide + phosphoric acid ---> ?
- chemistry - bobpursley, Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 4:32am
I will be happy to critique your thinking. Repost with your thinking.
- chemistry - Yeah, Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 7:58am
Single replacement. You get magnesium nitrate and tin.
Combination - you get potassium hydroxide.
single replacement - you get cobalt acetate and lead
decomp - you get aluminum, carbon dioxide, and hydrogen gas
double replacement - you get copper phosphate and water
- chemistry - Yeah, Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 8:26am
I am just having problems balacing out the reactions.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 11:02am
These look ok to me except for the decomposition of aluminum bicarbonate. First, I can't find aluminum bicarbonate OR aluminum carbonate listed in The Merck Index. Assuming it exists, I would think CO2, H2O, and the metal oxide as the products upon heating.
For balancing, here is the first one.
Sn(NO3)4 + 2Mg ==> 2Mg(NO3)2 + Sn
If you will explain the problem you are having with balancing, perhaps we can help you understand how to do them.
- chemistry - Hmm, Monday, September 29, 2008 at 11:18am
5. copper(II)hydroxide + phosphoric acid ---> double replacement - you get copper phosphate and water
Shouldnt this one be single replacement?
- chemistry - rawr, Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 3:59pm
I'm just saying i know its like 5 and a half years late but for 4 its:
Al(HCO3)3 ---> Al2(CO3)3 + CO2 + H2O
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - Recognize each of the following reactions as synthesis, ...
- Chemistry - How do I write out the reactants and products for the following ...
- Science 10 - Need examples of food for Chemistry Reactions 1. Synthesis 2. ...
- physics Help - Then classify the reactions as synthesis decomposition single ...
- Honors Chemistry (check answers) - On a worksheet we got, we have to balance out...
- chemistry - Classify the reactions (combustion, synthesis, decomposition, ...
- chemistry - Hgl2(s)=2NaNOg(ag) a combination,decomposition,single replacement or...
- Chemistry - Chemistry help!!!!!!!!!!!? Make a chart and define the following ...
- College chemistry - Need help balancing chemical equation. Complete and balance ...
- physics - The classify the as synthesis, decomposition, Single replacement. ...