Posted by chritian on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:05pm.
the sum of three intergers is 193.The smaller two are consecutive intergers and the larger two are consecutive even intergers.What are the three intergers?
- 8th grade math - Reiny, Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:12pm
wouldn't the smaller two be one apart, and the larger two would be two apart?
smallest --> x
second ---> x+1
third ---> x+3
then x + x+1 + x+3 = 193
solve for x
- 8th grade math - abbi, Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 3:38pm
- 8th grade math - anonymous, Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:51pm
- 8th grade math - bob, Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 6:28pm
3x+4=193 you don't know what x is so you cant go any farther i just got done with this unit
- 8th grade math - Anonymous, Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 11:09am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - consider three consecutive even intergers, the least of which is x. ...
- Math - The product of two consecutive odd intergers is 143. Find the intergers.
- math - The product of two consecutive intergers is 56. Find the intergers.
- Algebra - Find two consecutive even intergers such that the square of the ...
- Math - Most natural numbers can be expressed as a sum of two or ore consecutive ...
- mth - Two positive intergers have a sum of 17 and a product of 66.What are the ...
- Intergers - The product of two consective positive even intergers is 440. Would ...
- algebra - the larger of two consecutive integers is 7 greater than twice the ...
- Algebra 2 - i actually have two questions. - the edge of one cube is 4 m ...
- math - Find three consecutive intergers whose product is 33 larger than the cube...