Posted by Joy on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:04pm.
How many values of x make each statement true? Explain your reasoning.
I don't get what the question is telling me to do.
- Algebra 1: 8th Grade - Reiny, Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:08pm
for the first one:
3x+3=3(x+1) expand it to get
3x+3 = 3x+3
this is a true statement, so any value of x makes the original statement true.
This is an example of an "identity"
for the second:
x-4-x=0 , so
-4 = 0
this is a False statement, so NO value of x will make the original statemtent true
- Algebra 1: 8th Grade - Joy, Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:12pm
Thank you sooo much.
- Algebra 1: 8th Grade - Tristyn, Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 7:30pm
i need help in intergers
- Algebra 1: 8th Grade - Ms.sue, Friday, December 5, 2008 at 2:17pm
what are u talking about be more spacific.
- Algebra 1: 8th Grade - Dj, Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 4:53pm
Any hot girls want to halla at pretty boy. ''It's Dj and I know you can see that, I'm a pretty rich dood, and all the boys wanna be that''.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 8 - How many values of x make each statement true? Explain your ...
- 8th grade math - List the integers that can replace n to make the statement -|8...
- Math Quadratic Equations - 1. Which of the following conclusions is true about ...
- 8th grade math - what is symbolic reasoning? Please help and explain. Thank you!
- 8th grade math - 12x+3x=15x use the distributive property to show that each ...
- Algebra (please help) - Determine whether the following statement makes sense or...
- 8th grade math - If two numbers are relatively prime, what is their LCM? Explain...
- Mth 209 - Which of the following conclusions is true about the statement below? ...
- MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE - 1. Which of the following conclusions is true about ...
- algebra - x^2(insert radical sign) x is this statement always true is this true ...