Posted by manyy on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 8:28pm.
The purpose of environmental epidemiology studies is to prove that an environmental agent is the cause of a particular adverse effect.
2. Which of the following is not an accurate statement about dose-response?
The NOAEL is the highest data point on the dose-response graph that produced an adverse effect.
The dose-response is used to establish causality between a compound and an effect
The bell shaped curve demonstrates individual variation in response to a particular dose
The shape and slope of the dose-response curve is extremely important in predicting the toxicity of a substance at specific dose levels.
3. The hallmark of a toxic response is that adverse effects are immediate. (Points: 3)
4. Please match the biomarker term with the appropriate item. (Points: 3)
Answer Potential Matches:
: A biomarker for exposure 1: Levels of dioxin measured in the bloodstream.
2: The presence of the BRCA gene in a DNA sample
3: Levels of a protein which rises in the case of tissue damage
: A biomarker for effect
: A biomarker for susceptibility
5. Two chemicals are synergistic when exposure to one chemical causes a dramatic increase in the effect of another chemical.
6. An environmental health researcher who wants to determine whether people who lived in houses with high amounts of radon die at a greater rate than the general population should do a:
case control study
randomized clinical trial
retrospective cohort study
Answer this Question
Public HEALTH - Please check if my answers are correct. Thanks 1. The purpose of...
Public health - Why is epidemiology important in the study of health and disease...
L.O - 1.identify and describe 3 environmental health hazards that causes ill ...
L.O - 1. identify and describe 3 environmental health hazards that cause ill ...
Social studies - Identify one environmental factor that causes ill health
epidemiology - What are some global health issues related to mexico?
nursing - Why is epidemiology important in the study of health and disease in ...
life orientation - 1.Identify and describe 3 environmental health hazards that ...
epidemiology - how does Healthy People address public health issues
Environmental Science - what are the health and environmental effects of ...