Posted by clarissa on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 6:51pm.
Need to know how to change each decimal to a fraction ...
.625 = ??? and how do you figure it?
5th grade math - Claire, Monday, September 22, 2008 at 6:58pm
you do it by seeing how many digits are after the decimal point and you add that many zeros to one.
5th grade math - STEVE (from England), Monday, September 22, 2008 at 7:26pm
Following up Claire's answer, you need to know how many digits are in the decimal part of the number (ie to the right of the decimal point. eg. if you had 0.25 for example that would be 2 tenths + 5 hundredths (or 25/100) . This would then cancel to a quarter (1/4) as both numerator and denominator are divisible by 25 Clarissa.If there is ONE digit after the decimal point IT is put over 10 as a fraction (as it would represent the number of tenths that it is). Two digits would be put over 100, 3 over 1000, 4 over 10000, etc,Clarissa. It may be then that you can cancel down by means of factorising both numerator (top of fraction) and denominator (bottom part of fraction beneath the quotient line). I hope that this has helped.
5th grade math - Andrew, Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 9:27pm
5th grade math - Emmy, Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 1:50pm
How do I find out what 100% of a population is when I only know what 70% of population is?
5th grade math - Anonymous, Friday, October 3, 2008 at 6:49pm
5th grade math - dolar, Friday, October 3, 2008 at 6:49pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grade 7 math - I really need someone to explain how to change a decimal to a ...
- math - How do you change a decimal to a fraction?? you change a fration to a ...
- Math - Write each percent as a decimal and as a fraction in simplest form. 5/8% ...
- math - grandma trying to help my grandson in 5th grade math...question/"explain ...
- Math - I determined that 5 divided by 8 equals 0.625; however, I cannot ...
- 5th grade math - write the fraction or mixed number as a decimal. 1/5 -5/3 3 4/...
- math - I forgot how to change a decimal to a fraction. i need to change to a ...
- math fractions and decimals - How do you can you change a decimal to a fraction ...
- math - How do you figure out a percentage with a fraction of a number. For ...
- 5th grade - How to figure out if a fraction is in its simplest form.