Posted by qwerty on Monday, September 22, 2008 at 5:28pm.
ok well... my prompt is
what is the artist's responsibility to right(correct) societal wrongs?
i'm just looking for some ideas to write about and how i should set it up because this prompt is giving me lots of trouble.
- essay writing - Writeacher, Monday, September 22, 2008 at 5:54pm
Most writers would probably say that correcting societal wrongs is not their main objective in their writing.
This looks like an opinion question, so you'd need to first write what YOU THINK about this topic. Then develop your paper from there.
Consider these writers:
Kate Chopin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Awakening_(novel)
Of course, there are umpteen others. Now what do you think?
- essay writing - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 22, 2008 at 5:54pm
I don't think an artist has any more or less responsibility to correct societal wrongs. We all can contribute in our own ways, though. Sonny Bono organized concerts to aid in African relief efforts. Painters have depicted horrific scenes that inspire the viewer to help right these wrongs.
- essay writing - qwerty, Monday, September 22, 2008 at 6:01pm
and if i did go with the "not an artist's responsibility"... how much do i really have to write about if i went with that
- essay writing - Writeacher, Monday, September 22, 2008 at 6:03pm
Whatever it takes to prove your point. Are you writing an argument essay? Be sure to find out exactly how to write these. One excellent source is http://www.powa.org
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Writing - This is regarding to the tenure prompt. So you are saying that my ...
- AP English 11 - Tomorrow in class, we have to write an essay about the play "The...
- writing - well im troubled with a prompt, it is... explain how the path your ...
- French - I have to write an essay on this prompt: Decrivez un conflict que vous ...
- English - I am writing an essay about James Baldwin's Go Tell It on the Mountain...
- AP U.S. History(APUSH) - I need help with understanding this APUSH DBQ prompt! ...
- English - So for the summer I had to read cat's eye by Margaret Atwood and this...
- college essay - when not writing to a specific prompt, what is generallly a good...
- French - My tescher gave me this 200 word essay on this topic but I'm having ...
- English - Hey guys I have an essay i need to write next week, and my english ...