Posted by tomi on Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 4:58pm.
Determine the number of moles of
a) N atoms in a sample of C7H5(NO2)3 that has the same number of O atoms as 12.6g C6H12O6
Someone posted a way to answer this question but i still don't understand
chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 5:02pm
And you may not understand the way I do it either. Instead of us posting until you do, why don't you post how it should be worked and tell us, in detail, what you don't understand about it.
chemistry - bobpursley, Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 5:20pm
So let us see that figuring.
chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 6:10pm
ok the molar mass of C6H1206 IS
6(12.01)+ 12(1.008)+ 6(16.00) = 180.16
THEN FIND THE MOLE
n=m/M = 12.6/180.16 = 0.0699
OK to here
so the number of 0 atoms is
6 x 0.0699 = 0.4194
# O atoms is 6 x 0.0699 x 6.022 x 10^23 since there are 6.022 x 10^23 atoms in a mole of atoms.
I don't know what next
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Determine the number of moles of a) N atoms in 42.5g of Mg(NO3)2 b) ...
- chemistry - Determine the number of moles of N atoms in a sample of C7H5(NO2)3 ...
- Chemistry - How many atoms are present in a sample of 2.0 x 10^23 molecules of ...
- Chemistry - Posted by Angeline on Monday, April 20, 2009 at 5:35pm. A few ...
- chemistry - can some one help me with a few chem questions please. A chunk of ...
- chemistry - A sample of ammonium phosphate(NH4)3PO4 contains 3.18 moles of ...
- chemistry - how many moles of zinc atoms are need to supply the same number of ...
- AP Chem - A sample of (N2H5)2C3H4O4 contains 1.084 x 1024 carbon atoms. How many...
- chemistry - are these right? How many atoms are there in 1.3x10^22 molecules NO2...
- chemistry - I'm having a little trouble doing a worksheet. 1.25 moles of KBr ...