Posted by Poole on .
Two forces, F1 and F2 , act at a point. F1 has a magnitude of 8.80N and is directed at an angle of 64.0 degree above the negative x axis in the second quadrant. F2 has a magnitude of 7.00N and is directed at an angle of 52.8 degree below the negative x axis in the third quadrant.
1. What is the x component of the resultant force?
2. What is the y component of the resultant force?
3. What is the magnitude of the resultant force?
This is the answer provide by Drwls:
1. -8.80 cos 64.0 -7.00 cos 52.8
2. 8.80 sin 64.0 - 7.00 sin 52.8
3. Take the square root of the sum of squares of the two components given above.
Can someone show me how to express the answer for 1 and 2 in Newtons unit. Thanks