Posted by Frustrated mom! 4th grd MATH on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 12:14pm.
I am stumped with a problem we are supposed to help our 4th grader with ... Study the number of pairs: 3 - 8 ; 4 - 11; 5 - 14; 6 - 17; and the it has blanks down to 10 - 29; ... ok we get this part ... adding 2 more each set ... now the questions ... If 50 is the 1st number, what is the 2nd? ... If 200 is the first nimber, what is the 2nd? ...If 89 is the second number, what is the 1st? ... and finally, if a number n is the first number, what is the 2nd? ............ Any help with a specific equation would be most helpful and appreciated!!! ... thank you in advance! ...
- Help! - Quidditch, Friday, September 19, 2008 at 12:28pm
3 - 8 difference = 5
4 - 11 difference = 7
5 - 14 difference = 9
In each case the difference is:
2 x (first number) - 1
- Help! - Quidditch, Friday, September 19, 2008 at 12:32pm
Let x = first number
Let y = second number
x +(2x-1) = y
x = (y+1)/3
- Help! - drwls, Friday, September 19, 2008 at 3:36pm
When they want y (the second number) when given x (the first number),
y = 3x -1
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade - 4th grader asks how to solve 8100/?=90
- OLSAT - I don't know if this can be answered here but, I will ask. My son took ...
- Math - Find 2 solutions to the equation 3x+5y=10. Write the solutions as ordered...
- Math - A number, containing no zeros, changed to 310,000 after it was rounded. ...
- social studies - Can you help me? I am stumped! We are supposed to use our book ...
- math - I'm going over my 4th grader's homework. She has place value math ...
- math - How to explain 4/34 (34 divided by 4) to a 4th grader?
- research in education - Using a laid down procedure for problem identification. ...
- 4th Grade math - Solve. I have no digits the same. My thousands digit is less ...
- Biology - Im stumped... These answers I cannot find, please and thank you :) 1) ...