Posted by amanda on Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 7:13pm.
what are two whole numbers whose product is 1224 and whose sum is 70
- math - Don, Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 7:41pm
Unless I am mistaken, the two numbers you are looking for are 36 and 34.
34 x 36 = 1224
34 + 36 = 70
- math - Anonymous, Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 7:47pm
Let x = first number
Let y = second number
x * y = 1224
x + y = 70
Express y in terms of x to eliminate 1 variable:
The second equation can be written as
x + (1224/x) = 70
Multiply both sides by x
x^2 + 1224 = 70x
subtrace 70x from both sides
x^2 - 70x + 1224 = 0
Factor or solve the quadratic.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Find: Two numbers whose sum -10 and whose product is 5. ;;; x+y = -10 x...
- math - Find two numbers (exactly) whose product is 10 and whose sum is 18.
- math - find two numbers whose product is N^2 and whose sum is a minimum
- math - Leah is throwing discs onto a board numbered 1 to 20. To win a prize she ...
- Please Help ! Calculus - Find two numbers whose sum is 42 and whose product will...
- calculus - Find two positive numbers whose product is 100 and whose sum is a ...
- grade 10 math - im stuck in this question,i tried everything but i failed... can...
- math - Find three positive real numbers whose sum is 52 and whose product is a ...
- Math - Minimizing Sum: Find two positive numbers whose sum is 100 and the sum of...
- Calculus - Find the sum of two numbers whose sum is 70 and whose product is as ...