Posted by Marisa on Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 5:17pm.
The Magna Carta!!! HELP ME PLEASE?
How does this relate to today standards and help the Republican side view point? What is this saying?????
From the magna Carta.
12. No `scutage' or `aid' may be levied in our kingdom without its general consent, unless it is for the ransom of our person, to make our eldest son a knight, and (once) to marry our eldest daughter. For these purposes ouly a reasonable `aid' may be levied. `Aids' from the city of London are to be treated similarly.
What does this mean today.MOST IMPORTANTLY how does this relate to the Republican side view point.
- American Government - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 5:27pm
This section means that the king cannot tax people without their agreement. However, the king can still tax people in certain situations involving the king or his family. Even in those cases, the taxes must be "reasonable."
The only connection I can see with the current Republican Party's point of view is that the Magna Carta doesn't let the government levy unreasonable taxes. Republicans are in favor of lower taxes.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- World History - 1. Which of the following lists of events is in chronological ...
- History: Check My Answers PLEASE - Which are accurate descriptions of how the ...
- World History (Ms. Sue) - I've only written the first half of this paper, but I ...
- American History - What is a non example of Magna Carta
- geography - to what extent was the signing of the magna carta a significiant ...
- government - Why did the writers of the Magna Carta and the Bill of Rights want ...
- US Government - What is a modern example of limited government? The only things ...
- History - In what ways does the Magna Carta still impact law?
- US History - In what ways does the Magna Carta still impact law?
- history - in what ways does Magna Carta still impact laws