Posted by anonymous on Monday, September 15, 2008 at 8:23pm.
Can someone help me with this problem and show the steps:
______ = 18
- Math - Quidditch, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 8:31pm
For the problem
(4m-7)/2 = 18
To solve for m:
The object is to get a single m on one side of the equation.
1. get rid of the denominator (2) on the left side by multiplying both sides of the equation by 2.
4m-7 = 36
Now add 7 to both sides to get just a term with n on the left.
4m = 43
Now divide both sides by 4 to get the value of m.
m = ?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 8:32pm
______ = 18
First, multiply both sides of the equation by 2.
4m - 7 = 36
Next, add 7 to both sides of the equation.
4m - 7 + 7 = 36 + 7
4m = 42
m = 10.5
You can check it by substituting 10.5 for m in your original equation.
- Math - anonymous, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 8:47pm
m= 10 3/4
thanks, now i understand
- Math -- oops - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 8:54pm
Good. I just found that I can't add. Of course 36 + 7 = 43.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Could you show me how to work through this problem? Show me steps Solve ...
- algebra - Can someone show me how to use the quadratic formula to solve this ...
- Math - 2^(5/2)-2^(3/2) Can someone show me in steps how to do exponents as ...
- algebra 1 - Can someone please help me with this inequality problem -3-8>(4x+...
- algebra - an someone show me the steps to solve this problem? x^2 + 5x +8 ...
- Math - Solve for x: x^4-15X^2+14=0 How would I solve this problem? Could someone...
- Math - Can someone show me step by step on how to factor/solve this problem ...
- math - I have 2 problems that I need solved. Can someone please help me? t+36t=0...
- spanish - Yo ______ lavo ______ manos y ______ cara. ______ cepillo ______ ...
- Geometry - The image of P(-1, 5) under a translation is P'(5, 7). What is the ...