Posted by cecilia on Monday, September 15, 2008 at 10:01am.
Sorry...one more question!
A feature of the American political system NOT adopted from practice in England is:
a)appeal of disputed court decisions to higher courts
b) legislative control of government finaces
c) local government through town meetings
d) the bicameral legislative system
e) the office of sheriff for maintaing law and order
I'm really unsure about this one...I realy have no idea! Just guessing though is it c? Sorry but if anyone could help me out that'd be so nice!
- social studies - bobpursley, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 10:18am
The colonies hated the taxes imposed by King George, the King had control of taxation. The colonies wanted a separation of powers, so the Executive did not gain the power of the purse (or taxes).
- social studies - cecilia, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 10:21am
Oh so is it b then? Thank you for helping me!
- social studies - cecilia, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 10:32am
Wait...no...I was looking up what "bicameral" meant and now I'm confused...is the answer d because we have the senate and the house of representatives? Or is it still b? Sorry...I think I just confused myself! ;)
- social studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 11:12am
The British have a bicameral legislature -- the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
- social studies - cecilia, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 12:03pm
Alrighty...so it is b then! Thanks for helping me! :)
- social studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 12:36pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- us history - What is a feature of the american political system not adopted from...
- please check history - Two powers of Congress. 1. declare war 2. pass laws Two ...
- American government - Thus is the political institution that sets national ...
- American Government - what kind of state court system is set up so that trial ...
- Social Studies check my answers - 1 which of the following is true of a ...
- history - what branch of government consists of local trial courts, circuit and...
- history - what branch of government consists of local trial courts, circuit and ...
- Social Studies - A-Cabinet B-Checks and Balances C-Commander in Chief D-...
- pleasse check social studies - The type of jurisdiction to consider the ...
- SOCIAL STUDIES (CHECK ANSWERS) ASAP - 1. Which of the following responsibilities...