Posted by Phillip on Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 7:12pm.
Cant figure out what to do (equations)
1)Find three consecutive even integers with a sum of -30
2)Find four consecutive integers with a sum of 26
- Algebra - Anonymous, Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 7:17pm
n-2, n, n+2
n-2 + n + n+2 = -30
3 n = -30
-12 , -10, -8
n + n+1 + n+2 + n+3 = 26 etc
- Algebra - Phillip, Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 7:32pm
I get it but why do we do n-2?
- Algebra - Phillip, Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 7:38pm
The second one equals to 32
- Algebra - Anonymous, Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 7:58pm
I did n-2 to get n in the middle so I would get a simple 3n on the left. I could just as well have used:
n + n+2 + n+4
n-4 + n-2 + n
- Algebra - Damon, Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 8:00pm
Also notice that the fact that it is odd or even is not used. Luckily it comes out with n even.
Answer this Question
- math - A. Four times one odd integer is 14 less than three times the next even ...
- Math - When you solve questions like "The sum of 3 consecutive integers is 147. ...
- math - i dont get this question consecutive integers are integers that differ by...
- math - i dont get this question consecutive integers are integers that differ ...
- math - 1. The largest of five consecutive integers is twice the smallest. Find ...
- math, algebra - 2a+2ab+2b I need a lot of help in this one. it says find two ...
- math - Consecutive integers are integers that follow each other in order (for ...
- algebra - Find four consecutive odd integers so that five times the sum of the ...
- math - consecutive even integers can be represented by x,x+2,x+4 and so on. ...
- quad. eq. - find 3 consecutive integers such that the product of the second and ...