Posted by Alex C on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 7:59pm.
What is the daily life of a child in the 19th century?
- social studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 8:03pm
In what country did this child live? Was s/he rich or poor? Did he live in a city or the country?
Children's lives in the 19th century ranged from working in coal mines to attending boarding schools to helping the family on a farm to working in a factory to attending a public school.
- social studies - Alex C, Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 8:10pm
In america, middle class, live in country
- social studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 8:16pm
Many children in rural America went to school for three or four years, although some never went to school and a few were lucky enough to attend school for 6 or 8 years. A small minority graduated from high school. They helped their parents on the farm -- girls were usually in the house and boys were usually in the barns and fields.
They got up about sunrise and went to bed around sunset. They attended church on Sundays. Their toys were usually homemade. Family life was very important.
- social studies - Alex C, Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 9:18pm
- social studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 9:32pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - How did changes of social economic and political changes ...
- History - Is this ok? The Industrial Revolution was a period from the ...
- social studies - What aspects of life in the seventeenth-century England would ...
- social studies - hi can someone help me. What views did the southern democrats, ...
- university studies - How have you used these actions to solve problems in your ...
- socical studies - how many wars in the 19th century involving the united states
- Social Studies - How did the Persian Gulf War affect daily life in Kuwait?
- Social studies - Discuss the significance that segregation, voting rights, and ...
- Social Studies - Discuss the significance that segregation, voting rights, and ...
- social - What were 3 groups that were in motion around the U.S. in the 19th ...