Posted by Debbie on Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 8:55pm.
I live in Kingwood, WV and need help with this paper which is due on Sept 13th 2008.
Prepare a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research paper that analyzes the influences of race as it relates to your community. In your paper, write your first-person account of how human interactions in your community have been racialized. For the community, you can consider relations within your neighborhood, local government, service groups, clubs, schools, workplace, or any environment of which you are a part. In your paper, be sure to answer and provide examples for the following core questions:
o Do members of your community look like you? In what ways do they look the same or different?
o How do leaders within your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?
o How do other members of your community treat people who are like you? How do they treat people who are different?
o Do your texts or work manuals contain information by or about people like you?
o Do the local media represent people like you? If so, in what ways?
o What are some similarities and differences between you and the people who are in leadership positions in your community? Do you feel minority group interests are represented within your community?
o If you could resolve any inequities within your community, what would you change? How and why?
o Which main concepts from the text relate to race? Apply some of these concepts to your project.
• Ensure the following elements are included:
o The thesis addresses racial issues in your local community.
o The content is comprehensive and accurate.
o The paper itself draws on your personal experiences with and opinions about cultural diversity in your community.
o Three sources are used, and one source is a community member, leader, or representative from a local community organization.
o The paper is written in first-person point of view, with an autobiographical approach.
o Text concepts are applied to your observations.
o Assignment questions are answered.
o The paper includes perspectives from supporting sources.
o The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
o Paragraph transitions are present.
o The tone is appropriate.
o Sentences are well-constructed.
o The paper, title page, and references follow APA guidelines.
o Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
o Spelling is correct.
• Post your completed research paper as an attachment.
- ETH 125 - Writeacher, Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 9:01pm
Only YOU can write this since it's AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL.
What kind of assistance would you like from us, not including writing the paper itself!?
- ETH 125 - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 9:02pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. It looks like your instructiions are quite clear. Begin with the research you need. If you put the information on 3 x 5 cards it's easy to sort the order in which you would like to tackle them.
You can GOOGLE the town and state. Real Estate people are a good resource. If you need the APA guidelines, just ask. Once you do your outline and write a rough draft, feel free to repost and someone will critique what you have done.
- ETH 125 - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 9:06pm
P.S. Here are some Websites to begin with:
2. (detailed profile): http://www.city-data.com/city/Kingwood-West-Virginia.html
3. (look at the menu to the left): http://westvirginia.hometownlocator.com/WV/Preston/Kingwood.cfm
4. (Chamber of Commerce, another great resource): http://www.prestonchamber.com/
5. (city profile): http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=58785
- ETH 125 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 9:10pm
According to this article, Kingwood is overwhelmingly White.
You need to identify your race and ethnic group, and then answer the questions in your prompt.
"As of the census of 2000, there were 2,944 people, 1,283 households, and 844 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,192.9 people per square mile (460.2/km²). There were 1,417 housing units at an average density of 574.2/sq mi (221.5/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 97.69% White, 1.02% African American, 0.44% Asian, 0.07% from other races, and 0.78% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.34% of the population."
- ETH 125 - Theresa, Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 9:23pm
I took this class and its not as hard as it appears. This will help, consider your neighborhood and the people who live around you. For me where I lived at the time my family was the only black family in the neighborhood which was about two months ago so no they don't look like me I also had to choose two people to interview that had significant jobs, my siter wh at one time was the city auditor and I wnet to a McDonalds and interviewed an employee. This is a good class and you can not fail just take your time with what your are trying to say and the web sites above are excellent I used some of them my self
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- eth 125 - If you're curious, you can see what a search for . Final Project: Race...
- ETH 125 - Prepare a 1,400 to 1,750 word autobiographical research paper that ...
- English / Cultural Diversity - I have an assignment as follows: • Prepare a 1,...
- ETH 125 - The final project for ETH 125 is a 1,400- to 1,750-word ...
- History - I need a autobiographical research paper that analyzes the influences ...
- Cultural Diversity - I have to write a 1400 to 1750 word autobiographical ...
- eth 125 - Prepare a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research paper that ...
- cultra - • • Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical research paper ...
- eth - The final project for ETH 125 is a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiographical ...
- ETH 125 - has anyone done any assignment like this.... „FƒnPrepare a 1,400- to 1...