Posted by Ashtyn on Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 4:00pm.
What is "mental math" and give examples. 4th grade
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 4:44pm
Mental math is doing simple math problems in your head. For instance, to estimate 49 + 53, you need to round to 50 + 50, which equals about 100.
You can use mental math to estimate the product of two numbers -- 19 times 21. Round to 20 * 20 = about 400.
Another form of mental math is to listen to the teacher give a math problem with several steps, and then give the answer. Example: 1/2 of 10 + 6 - 2 = ?
- Math - undrakh, Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 9:16am
20 times 20=400
- Math - undrakh, Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 10:14am
- Math - Sahana, Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 12:37pm
Mental Math is practically doing math in your head. That's why the word mental meaning "mind" is in Mental Math.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade Math - What is an expression that can be used to find 4 x 275 using ...
- 4th grade - explain how you can find the difference 120-70 using mental math. ...
- 4th grade math - In helping my 4th grade grandson last night with his math, he ...
- 4th grade - what are two examples of condensation
- 4th grade math - Write two 5-digit addends whose sum would give an estimate of ...
- english - - Computers - English - Foreign Languages - Health - Home Economics - ...
- 4th grade - examples of the Characteristic of living things?
- Math - There are twice as many girls as boys in the 4th grade classes at Joe's ...
- mental health - give two examples of negative feedback and two examples of ...
- 4th grade - writing in standard from when it comes to millions examples please