Posted by Andrew on Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 4:46am.
I have a problem with 'diction'
I kind of 'feel' the sentence, but I don't know what to write.
Thanks a lot!!
"Art is the antidote that can call us back from the edge of numbness, restoring the ability to feel for another."
By using the word "antidote", what does that author imply about the inability to feel for another?
What effect would it have on the meening of the sentence if we change the word antidote to gift?
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 7:31am
Check out the dictionary meanings of the two words:
The prefix alone on the word "antidote" indicates something negative has happened and this "antidote" will make things better. The word "gift" has no negative connotations at all, unless it's originally paired with other words of a negative tone.
English - aftab, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 12:09am
i've to learn english.
English - ALI, Monday, September 15, 2008 at 12:12am
I have to learn drafting
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I have to analyze the use of diction and syntax in three authors ...
- English - Choose the sentence in which the comma helps make the meaning clear. (...
- English - * 1. You can feel safe now. 2. You are able to feel safe now. 3. You ...
- english - Are there any songs that have lyrics with a similar voice/diction to ...
- English - 1. He called me later. 2. He rang me back. 3. He gave me a ring back. ...
- english help please!! - Which of the following sentences uses the word "diction...
- Lang. Arts - 4. Choose the sentence in which the comma helps make the meaning ...
- grammar - I have to annotate the text of Martin Luther King Jr Letter from ...
- English - In 3–5 sentences, write down what you told someone in that ...
- English - Can you please check these sentences? Thank you very much. 1) Write an...