Posted by Beth on Monday, September 8, 2008 at 3:35pm.
please help me with this challenge question, as i don't quite understand it.:
Yolanda makes this hypothesis: "If salt is added to water, then the water will boil at a lower temperature." She sets up and experiment to test her hypothesis, but discovers that it actually takes more heat to bring the saltwater to the boiling temperature. Her lab partner, Kevin says" Your hypothesis was wrong--no good at all!"
DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH KEVIN AND WHY???
please , help me...
7th grade science hypothesis question - Lisa, Monday, September 8, 2008 at 4:04pm
I would disagree with Kevin, because your hypothesis is an educated guess. For a hypothesis there is no yes or no answer. Her hypothesis may be incorrect, but you must remember it is simply a guess, if she had prior knowledge to believe the water would become cooler, then she would be correct in hypothesizing such.
Hope this helps! :)
7th grade science hypothesis question - Anonymous, Monday, November 8, 2010 at 9:01pm
I would agree with lisa because i think that for a hypothesis ther is no right or wrong answerw. It is simply an educated on the event that is going happen.
7th grade science hypothesis question - Anonymous, Friday, November 19, 2010 at 3:28pm
I love muffens!!!!!!!!!
7th grade science hypothesis question - Anonymous, Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 12:33pm
7th grade science hypothesis question - Elijah, Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 4:33pm
i tried the salt in boiling water it dosent work it just gave taste to the heated water
7th grade science hypothesis question - optional, Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 12:12pm
Kevin was correct that her hypothesis was incorrect, but her hypothesis wasn't not useful. All hypothesis's are meant to be learned from, Yolanda learned from her hypothesis. Kevin shouldn't be so rude about Yolanda's hypothesis being incorrect. People don't know everything. That's what experiments where made for, to learn from both mistakes, and to expand your knowledge.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - please help me with this challenge question, as i don't quite ...
- science - When substances such as sugar and table salt are dissolved in water, ...
- chem - What advantage is there to adding salt to cooking water? and what ...
- science - Does water with salt boils faster than plain water Yes, salt increases...
- science 207 lab wk 5 - 1. Which water cycle processes are represented in this ...
- Science - What changes occur to the uterus during a female's monthly menstrual ...
- ashford university - 1. Which water cycle processes are represented in this ...
- SCIENCE! - the second worksheet of SCIENCE! for today performing an experiment ...
- Science - If salt is added to water, then an egg will flot. This is because when...
- science fair- clown fish - I need a topic for my science fair experiment-I'm in ...