Posted by Emily on Monday, September 8, 2008 at 1:35pm.
I'm really stuck on my homework it says Geography can be divided into tree strands, phisical, human and enviromental. Explain what it means in your own words. I'm really stuck so could you help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- geography - SraJMcGin, Monday, September 8, 2008 at 1:39pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Well, I'd be confused too! Is it possible the "tree" strands should be "three" strands? Then it means there is a physical, human and environmental side to geography.
- geography - Writeacher, Monday, September 8, 2008 at 2:02pm
Here's an example of a physical map:
You can see where there are mountains, deserts, etc.
Here's an example of a "human" map:
Scroll down a bit to see the map. It's a map of the world with each country shown in a different color. Humans have made these divisions, not nature!
Here, you can explore different types of environmental maps, depending on what you're researching:
The National Geographic link is probably the best one.
- geography - Writeacher, Monday, September 8, 2008 at 2:03pm
PS -- Usually "human" maps are referred to as political maps.
- geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 8, 2008 at 4:21pm
Physical geography is concerned with land and water forms. It also includes natural resources.
Human geography is concerned with the cultures of the various people who live on earth.
Environmental geography studies the relationship between the physical environment and people.
- geography - Christi28Bond, Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 8:43am
If you are willing to buy a house, you would have to get the business loans. Moreover, my mother commonly uses a student loan, which is the most rapid.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- AP World History - I really need some help with 2 questions. These questions are...
- Geography - Hello, it says for my Geography homework find these towns with these...
- Algebra II Please check- - Please help-What is the equation of the ellipse with ...
- Algebra II-Please check - Please help-What is the equation of the ellipse with ...
- geography - I`m glad to know i`m not the only one having trouble with the airbus...
- human geography - how can i define human geography,and 3 examples of how human ...
- Chemistry - A solid metal is often known as having 'an array of positive ions in...
- geography - i am so stuck and it's stressing me out cos i just can't do ...
- English - Really stuck on English homework.ahhhh! What is an antonym for the ...
- Algebra - Please help-What is the equation of the ellipse with foci (0,6), (0,-6...