Posted by I NEED HELP on Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 5:26pm.
ok so I have no idea what I'm suppose to do or what this question is even asking me...
determine the units of the quanity described by the following combinations of units:
a. kg (m/s)(l/s)
c. (kg/s) (m/s)^2
d. (kg/s) (m/s)
- Physics - Damon, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 5:38pm
a. kg (m/s)(l/s)
this is kg m/s^2
which is mass times acceleration
which is force in Newtons
b. this is Newtons/second, beats me
c. kg m/s^2 * m/s
this is force in Newtons times distance/second
which is work per second
which is power in watts
d. looks the same as a to me
- Physics - drwls, Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 5:45pm
In each case, you can just multiply the units together to get the "units" of the answer. You can also rewrite kg m/s^2 as Newtons or kg (m/s)^2 as Joules
1. Is the "l" supposed to be liters? or the number 1?
If liters, then the combination is Newton-liters, or 10^-3 Joule*m^2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- weonomics - Original quanity | new quantity . |price. |quanity supplied demanded...
- physics - i've posted this before, but i really don't get how to do it because ...
- physics - can someone explain the answers to the question: Consider the ...
- physics - Determine the units of the quantity described by the following ...
- economics - With a fixed amount of resources, 20 units of computers or 30 units ...
- physics - In the figure , suppose C_1 = C_2 = C_3 = 18.0 <units>\mu F</...
- MATH - Use the converse of the Pythagorean theorem to determine which of the ...
- physics (plz help) - In SI units, acceleration is measured in units of meters ...
- physics - Consider the following set of equations, where s, s0 and r have units ...
- physics - In SI units, force is measured in newtons, with 1 N = 1 kg · m/s2. ...